•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Missing Models

Hi, ever since this update i have been having weird problems with saber hilts and player models, some of my models look like they have missing textures and some are just completely invisible, i also get this weird red green and blue triangular thing on the side of jedi/sith hips where their lightsaber should be, and sometimes the saber is being held inbetween the enemy players legs? i have tried repairing my installation, i have deleted peneke and all other model replacement pk3's. ive tried everything people have recommended to me, i just wanna know if this is just me or if other people are experiencing it as well and if so how do i fix it?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
i have tried repairing my installation
Don't say "i have tried repairing", post logs of it:
MBII Launcher => Settings => check "Enable logging" => Repair installation.
Post latest log from "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher\logs" here.

Post screenshots where your issue is shown.

Well i uinstalled then reinstalled so i don't have those logs anymore, it seemed to fix one of my invisible models but im still gettings so texture errors on the clothing of one of the jedi models, the voice commands it does tells me its anakin but other players are telling me they see starkiller

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
So repair again and post logs =\
Upload screenshot of that "texture error" as well.
Did you expect me to post something else? =\

How do i use the built in one? i have the Non steam jka

- - - Updated - - -

This model came up as i chose the star killer model on the jedi side

- - - Updated - - -

This is the Log i did 5 minutes ago

- - - Updated - - -

can anybody help with this?

Attachments

• shot2017-07-11_18-45-01.jpg
    shot2017-07-11_18-45-01.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 368
  • shot2017-07-11_18-44-25.jpg
    shot2017-07-11_18-44-25.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 561
  • log_11-7-17_5-58.txt
    11.6 KB · Views: 220
Last edited by a moderator:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
This is the Log i did 5 minutes ago
Well... The log shows your installation is ok, so I'm not sure what did cause this problem... :(
Maybe developers should take a look at your case.

Meantime, try switching to other engine:
MBII Launcher => Settings => Engine => JAMP => Play.

Try resetting your config:
MBII => Setup => Reset to defaults.

And I hope you didn't re-enable any custom skinpacks after repair, did you?
Launcher disables all replacement packs during repair, don't switch them back on.
can anybody help with this?
Be patient, please.
I was posting my previous replies from a smartphone, didn't have a time to check your log.
Only now I'm at home.
Try repairing again. The CDN should have settled down by now, so it should download the correct files now.
His log seems fine already. Nothing to do with CDN.

Penekowski

Armchair Developer
Movie Battles II Team
Ok let's try this out, remove these files from your MBII folder, delete them.

--MBII
cgamei386.so
FAMBModels.pk3
jampgamei386.so
mb2_cmp_assets2.pk3
mb2_cmp_assets3.pk3
MB2_Commtower.pk3
mb2_corellia.pk3
mb2_enclave.pk3
mb2_kamino.pk3
mb2_rc_hangarC.pk3
mb2_republiccruiser.pk3
mb2_um_assets3.pk3
MBAssets2.pk3
MBAssets3.pk3
MBHilts.pk3
MBII.pk3
MBII_Mac.pk3
MB_Effects.pk3
uii386.so
zz_MBModels.pk3
zz_MBModels2.pk3

Once you do that, open up your MBII launcher and do an integrity check/instalation repair, open up the game and see if it worked, make sure that you don't have any replacement packs or 3rd party mods aside from MBII itself.

Hope it works!

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Ok let's try this out, remove these files from your MBII folder, delete them.
If it will work, that would mean that MBII Launcher is extremely broken and it can't even verify files by md5 against a list of md5s. I really doubt that it's true.
Also, deleting .so files does even less sense, because those files are for Linux. They're absolutely ignored in Windows. Files those have a ".so" extension does not affect game process on Windows in any way.

Simple repair (without deleting files manually) is supposed to be enough.

Last edited:
Nothing above has worked for me so far, the only issue i have is the bugged starkiller models, same thing happens to both his normal and clone models

- - - Updated - - -

So all hope is lost i guess...

eezstreet

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Kind of irrelevant point to add, but you can bind a key to take a screenshot in the controls menu, or do it with a console command:
Code:
bind F12 screenshot
This binds it to F12 for example.

Penekowski

Armchair Developer
Movie Battles II Team
Remove your 3rd party pk3s from base (zz_jedi_hm,dt stormie moviesabers, sithcustomization, etc) and also remove your repair folders temporarily and move them somewhere else (desktop 4 example) then do a full integrity check, also make sure that the screenshot folders only have screenshots and the same for demos and forcecfg. I say this, because when I'm modding, sometimes I put my extra stuff on random folders within my mb2 folder, and that can cause issues in the long run.

Hope it works, if not If I were you I'd do a clean install for MBII.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Oh c'mon, I said no custom skinpacks! Even though I was talking only about MBII folder, it applies to "base" directory indeed. When did you decide you can leave all those random replacements untouched even though Launcher didn't touch them?
And your base folder is a mess!
Remove all .pk3 files except for "assets*" and try again.
remove your repair folders temporarily and move them somewhere else (desktop 4 example)
Not necessary, game won't scan subfolders inside of active mod path.

Last edited:
My friend those mods are pre-historic i've had JKA for years and haven't touched it since i downloaded MBII, so i never checked my base folder because never has it ever impacted MBII, and please don't make me out like im an idiot im new to this shit bro, but then again thanks for trying.

And also thankyou penekowski aswell! can't wait for you next pack, i Miss the UI so much ;_;

Btw the problem is now solved thanks everyone!