Minimap does not show teammates

Ion

Okay it shows some teammates, but I was just playing deathstar and was at the corridor leading from bridges to reb spawn and checked the minimap before throwing a grenade as imperial grenades were being tossed our way. I had no teammates around that corner so I throw a grenade and guess what? I get 2 tks. I don't know what kinda bs this is but I shouldn't be blamed when the map will not show teammates around corners in open corridors...

Is this supposed to be part of the game to confuse you or what?

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
This is an issue with the engine. If someone is not in visible range (maps visibility not what you can physically see) it won't show them on the mini-map. It isn't an easy change/fix at all either and would be more strain on servers and peoples bandwidth. It has been something we kind of have to deal with just because of the engine age.

That's why its a good rule of thumb to use other means to determine teammate location.

Like...brains! Or teammate overlay where it'll say very neatly where they are. And if your quick enough, where they died.

Ion

Yeah thanks Chaos, I use that but am not super acquainted with location names on every map and am not gonna check a corner while a fire nade is burning right there. Thanks for the kind remarks tho

I also only previously thought this minimap engine issue had to do with closed doors as happens with sense

From what I remember, its all about the area portals and the decrepit engine mb is forever tied to, slowly creaking away past the 21st century.
It's older and less used than myspace.

Now ask me what's myspace.:)