•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher MB2 won't launch, odd invisible window shows up.

Hey y'all..

I just played the other day and I don't think anything has changed, but MB2 won't start from the launcher. An invisible window shows up, with just a border, and then nothing happens. I close the MB2 launcher and it stays there. I tried to find the "task" in Task Manager but can't seem to find it - restarting is the only way to remove it that I have figured out so far. After that shows up the first time, hitting "Play" does nothing. I have restarted, made sure it runs in administrator, checked firewall settings... I just updated everything the other day and it WAS working. But today it's not.

Attached is an image of what shows up. When I uncheck Steam Integration, MB2 DOES start up but its in a small window. I think I want it to go through steam? I'd rather know what is going on here anyway. Any help would be appreciated, I couldn't find any topics on this on the forums.

Attachments

• mb2issue.PNG
    mb2issue.PNG
    668.8 KB · Views: 358
UPDATE: So I have had steam minimized this whole time, which apparently was stopping a Steam popup from appearing. It was warning me that an outside source was trying to change something and I had to hit OK for the game to load. It does finally load now, but its asking everytime which is annoying.. any idea for a fix? Will update with what exactly comes up later.

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
What client are you using? If you haven't tried, switch the client to MBII (Disable Steam Integration to do so.)

Here's what comes up. I will probably just switch the client off Steam.. I forget why it was important to integrate it with steam? I feel like I had a reason but I can't remember, lol. Steam has never done this before until now, and even if I close Steam it opens back up (unless I change client, ofc).

Attachments

• mb2issue2.PNG
    mb2issue2.PNG
    50.4 KB · Views: 439

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
Steam has never done this before until now, and even if I close Steam it opens back up (unless I change client, ofc).
Double check to see if you are running Steam as an administrator. Make sure to completely close steam before doing this.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Here's what comes up. I will probably just switch the client off Steam.. I forget why it was important to integrate it with steam? I feel like I had a reason but I can't remember, lol. Steam has never done this before until now, and even if I close Steam it opens back up (unless I change client, ofc).
You only need to use Steam JAMP if you want time tracking and the overlay (and I guess the widescreen UI ratio correction which isn't supported on anything but JAMP right now). The game runs just fine under the OpenJK based client.

ent

Movie Battles II Team
You only need to use Steam JAMP if you want time tracking and the overlay (and I guess the widescreen UI ratio correction which isn't supported on anything but JAMP right now). The game runs just fine under the OpenJK based client.
jaMME engine also supports it as well. You can play with jaMME too.

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
If you want to run through Steam you need to go through these steps
1. open launcher, check that jamp engine is selected
2. on steam, for academy's launch settings under properties, input [+set fs_game "MBII"] without brackets
3. from now on, leave launcher open and launch multiplayer through steam