MB2 Official Event: Point Progression!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viserys

ex team lead
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Do you have what it takes..... to do things the hard way?

H0XFW3c.jpg

• Play MB2 the way it was originally envisaged!
  • Start off with 20 MB points and work your way up to an amazing 100 total points! That's 20 more than the maximum allowed in normal gameplay!
  • Earn points for each round you survive. Earn points faster by winning the round!
  • Use the points as you earn them to gain new weapons and abilities!
  • Will you be able to survive long enough to get to the maximum points?
  • Be careful not to shoot your teammates, as that will cost you some MB points!
  • Remember, you will have to survive against players who have already earned more abilities! You will need to play strategically in this competitive event!

Monday 11th of July to Wednesday 20th of July
EU and US OFFICIAL servers

Last edited:
This event is excellent experiment which proves that the organiсs, in difference from AI, completely aren't capable to adaptation.

72bbd2fbcf184b193e72ffa48123cb26.jpg

17c8420fe9d8678394913f070576ea79.jpg

e6ffae8ff7a23fda1ff850d5a8be0203.jpg

5295f89d687c86193edafa1d78737022.jpg
Oh my god, this is amazing. Sums up this event pretty nicely.
"Do you have what it takes to kill a maxed-out deka main with your bare hands? I bet you don't, but try your best. Good luck!"

Do points remain after you leave a match?

They should. Or they used to. Recon doesn't wipe tk points so the same should apply here unless you wait too long or your ip changes. Map changes/round restarts should reset.

Also, Old School would be started with 6 or was it 7 points?

Maybe. It's a moot point as the devas haven't balanced pp since they killed it:)
Point costs have changed and everything's been built around the instant 80 stat points.

I imagine the gameplay is a bit skewed as a result. Before it was balanced, barely, around points from playing/winning rounds and the next tier of stats/weps.

I do miss tkers gradually n temporarily losing stat points so they couldn't play a full build. Now that's something I wouldn't mind seeing implemented in the base open game again. So repeat tkers/offenders would lose more and more stat points before capping down at 50 was it?

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
Strategy? Does that mean I have to play jedi/sith as a support class? THIS CAN'T BE!

Cat Lady

I like survival games (the real ones, not the "streamlined" easy mode nonsense), so I'm a little disappointed that server was empty most of the time and I wasn't able to play any real match :(

I like survival games (the real ones, not the "streamlined" easy mode nonsense), so I'm a little disappointed that server was empty most of the time and I wasn't able to play any real match :(
The server had a good population short after the event started, then someone went deka.

Cat Lady

Whats so scary about it? Deka with 20 points either have so low firepower that you can circle it ad infinitum and kill it even with pistol 1... OTOH, if he is high points already, chances are there are other people than can buy one clown ion blob, that basically means death to all dekas on server. Not even mentioning out-maneuvering deka in cramped places, etc...

It is not that deka wasn't present when point progression was basic mode (and it wasn't weaker, in fact quite the opposite). MB2 players are whinny nowadays :(

Well - I guess that the answer to "Do you have what it takes..... to do things the hard way?" question from the first post is a pink rainbow unicorn "NO, I'm too puny" for most players.

Status
Not open for further replies.