•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Masterserver list errors

So, some of the North American servers seem to be experiencing some trouble. On the masterlist, some people are not seeing certain servers, such as tR deathstar, one of the most popular NA servers, MAF Hangout, and AOD. The only servers that I can find are Legacy and US Official for the NA side. Here are some screenshots attached to show the problem. I'm wondering if the devs know anything about this. The first four are of the main server list, and the last two are from my favorites list. You'll notice that those servers are still online, but for whatever reason they are not showing on the masterlist.

Attachments

• Screenshot (25).png
    Screenshot (25).png
    604.7 KB · Views: 214
  • Screenshot (26).png
    Screenshot (26).png
    606.7 KB · Views: 256
  • Screenshot (27).png
    Screenshot (27).png
    606.8 KB · Views: 252
  • Screenshot (28).png
    Screenshot (28).png
    598.7 KB · Views: 200
  • Screenshot (29).png
    Screenshot (29).png
    560.9 KB · Views: 195
  • Screenshot (30).png
    Screenshot (30).png
    554.3 KB · Views: 233
Conspiracy: Devs are doing it on purpose to force people playing on BETA and give feedback.

It's been like that the whole day for everyone, i asked questions around.

Cant blame them tho, people need to play BETA and give decent feedback, but nobody is playing it real much... We're all just joining where the action is going on, in our favorite, popular servers.

It's a good way do redirect the herd in the good enclosure.

Last edited:

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
[2:46 PM] Defiant: To my knowledge nohing on our end has changed. Most likely a network issue somewhere between the game and master server. If they're bot back on there soon ill ask Lou to dig deeper.

[6:59 PM] reConfigured: FYI some servers hosted on bluefang do not appear on the server list. I'm getting in touch with their support asap to try and resolve the issue.

As far as I am aware, it isn't on our end.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I want to point out that those servers became available when I changed my masterserver to master.jkhub.org: When master server is down...

I'm not so sure that this is something on BlueFang's end.
Maybe you guys, or your hoster, accidentally banned BlueFang's IP range with firewall?
Or probably, it's BF banned masterserver?
Also maybe some man-in-the-middle ISP did something to block traffic between BlueFang and MBII masterserver?

Anyway, you guys should team up with BF and investigate the situation.
At least, perform traceroute on the machine where masterserver is running, using AoD/CB/tR/MAF IPs as destinations.
Owners of those servers should trace to the masterserver.

5cd881c92f98.png

LoU

R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Master server is not blocking any IPs. I also checked random server "173.234.31.18" and connection is fine.
I did however restarted the firewall. Please let me know if it helps.

edit:
Let me know what servers are visible/aren't.
Wait 5 seconds before refreshing serverlist.

I will install MB2 on weekend and take a look. I'd rather avoid restarting master, but if it will last thing to do, then we will change IP and restart it, servers restart might be needed.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Let me know what servers are visible/aren't.
AoD, CB, tR and MAF are visible for me now.
Though I've got a feeling that this issue have been fixed for a while already, probably servers were present in the list before you wrote your reply.

I'm having the same problem as well. Have you found a fix Tasmann? I tried reinstalling and turning off my firewall and I still can't see the tR deathstar server. Only that server is missing as well. Really weird.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I'm having the same problem as well. Have you found a fix Tasmann? I tried reinstalling and turning off my firewall and I still can't see the tR deathstar server. Only that server is missing as well. Really weird.
Works for me.
Are you able to connect tR Deathstar by opening a console and typing
Code:
/connect 173.234.30.50:12251
?

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
It just says awaiting connection. I waited up to 50 and then just backed out.
Therefore it's not masterserver issue, it's something between you and tR.
Maybe it's your firewall, maybe it's theirs, maybe it's some man-in-the-middle.

Start => Run => type:
Code:
cmd
=> Enter => type:
Code:
tracert 173.234.30.50
Post a screenshot to this thread.
You can see an example of such screenshot below.

ca5cf2e66eaa.png

I waited till 50 again and it still says awaiting connection. I can see and join the other servers, even the other tR servers. It's just tR deathstar I still can't see or join.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
I waited till 50 again and it still says awaiting connection. I can see and join the other servers, even the other tR servers. It's just tR deathstar I still can't see or join.
You're probably banned from that server with firewall.
Contact tR administration: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers
If they say that they don't know what are you talking about, ask them to contact their hoster.

Just in case, shut down all your firewalls and anti-viruses completely and entirely and them try connecting to tR Deathstar from a console once again.

Well....after I came home I checked and now I can see it again after about 4 days of not being able to see it haha. Thanks for all your help Puppytine! I guess it kind of just fixed it's self.