Making a JA/MB Model from nothing. (Request)

k4far

Banned
Donator
I am looking for some detailed guide I would like to make a model of a character that is particularly interesting to me. I have a bunch of pictures and nothing more, sounds like a lot of working to do. Porting ready stuff is rather not an option I could not find that character anywhere.

I would like to create a model of "Spaceport Security Droid" - hopefully a new addition to Rebel Soldiers.
How do I start ?

Last edited:

Penekowski

Armchair Developer
Movie Battles II Team
Creating a model is not something that you can do overnight. It requires a lot of testing, patience, motivation, willingness to learn and creativity. If you meet those requirements then great! Your next step should be to ask the same question on the Jkhub forums, chances are that you'll receive more responses there and I think that there are some guides as well.

Creating a model is not something that you can do overnight. It requires a lot of testing, patience, motivation, willingness to learn and creativity. If you meet those requirements then great! Your next step should be to ask the same question on the Jkhub forums, chances are that you'll receive more responses there and I think that there are some guides as well.
He-he. I recomend to do model from something easy, like original JK models, or old skins. Blender or 3DS Max. But Blender didn't worked to me.

k4far

Banned
Donator
Downloading 3DS Max 2016 right now. Deciding factor the moderate difficulty, SoftImage was marked as High.

As for what I will be looking for now - a model to modify... should I look for a Battle Droid or go with some Kyle. These tutorials are written by people having a lot of thoughs, unfortunately they are using as few words as possible and you end up confused.

- - - EDIT - - -
So I ended up picking sabouter as my base. Going according to some tutorial I removed everything from root and left all of things with * in name (all of that stuff on the left, expect ones with "off" - that is for dismembertment or somethin).

weirdmodel.png

I think I am making progress as for now without getting deeper in to tutorials I know how to look around in this thing. Concerning me now is how do I start chaning shapes let us say of the "head_face" layer. I would like to focus on this part and get rid of the nose.

- - - EDIT - - -
Okay got it.

got it yey.png

Is there a way for connecting to mesh vertexes togheter easly If i keep doing it manually it will take me ages and I am often leaving some spaces between them. NWM this one so this is when math gets usefull.
vertex.png

Happy nightmares:
Alienlol.png

You can follow the rest of this adventure here: Will help to help with making of a "Police Droid" Model for JA and Movie Battles 2 - Mod Requests & Suggestions - JKHub

Last edited:
Reactions: SK5