Make normal jump drain no BP?

All jumps and aerials drain BP. This is understandable to limit saberists not to jump around and avoid attacks all the time in a duel, but maybe mobility in duels can be boosted a little by giving normal jump (that drains no FP) no BP drain. As you can see, duels are pretty stationary and static right now, giving saberists some freedom for mobility wouldn't hurt. If this is too much, then at least that small jump while holding the 'Use' key can be given no BP drain. Maybe also some other mobility limits can be removed, like some walking limits, or other. Other people possibly know better why all these limits are in place, and how removing them would affect duels, but removing the unnecessary movement limits, if there are any of those, would make movement a more important aspect in dueling, increase the player freedom and make duels more dynamic and less static.

k4far

Banned
Donator

As I like to not use force to jump around I dislike the idea of someone cutting half of gunners from my team then rushing at me without being "tired" even for a moment. Are not the drains lower anyway... if you are not using force to jump? (rolling in unexpected directions is great too.)

Last edited:
What do my legs have to do with arm strength? A bit, but not that much.

Suggested this for close to a decade - acrobatics should drain....NO BP. They already drain force which has its own risks. And vs sabers it exposes you to a clean 1-hit kill if you time it poorly and get clipped.

So, what's up devs? You scared the circus might take over?

Circus died when they took the elephants away. And mb...has no elephants. Even the rancors suck.

Stassin

Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Because we don't want to encourage jedi/sith bunny hopping in any circumstance. There is already no BP drain for being in the air (falling, or moving on non-smooth stairs for example - used to be the case), only when you actually press jump, that is enough.

Acrobatics, not bunnyhoping.

Surely someone could jury-rig some code so that any force-acrobatic would not be penalized by bp drain? Light jumping, or bunnyhopping should be penalized.

But damn it, cartwheels are for goats. And are you not goat?