Make doors openable by both teams

Most doors should be openable by both teams. I don't see why a team would lose an advantage by opening the doors, this kind of a feature just doesn't work right. Opening the doors on DOTF by the Sith team can give them an advantage also, not having to go around to get to hangar each time. They can anyway choose whether or not to open those doors, if it will give them an advantage or not. On Lunarbase you can even get stuck if you go through the vents to the closed area and your team can't open the doors. DOTF and Lunarbase are just two of the many maps where this can be enabled. This would also increase the pace of gameplay, and rounds would end faster.

Hm getting round start Snipes in dotf would be a very good change I think spectating from 4:55 to potentially 0 would go over well.

In seriousness though these gates are generally designed for balancing and to ensure people can play and not get gibbed at spawn. Take dotf for instance, you have at the fastest time without contention about 20 seconds either way to get ready and move, this is nice in public games for basic organization. It also provides secondary objectives which are important for shifting map favor and making routes for the offensive team

Hm getting round start Snipes in dotf would be a very good change I think spectating from 4:55 to potentially 0 would go over well.
4:55? You need 20 seconds minimum (Mando flying) to get to the door switches in gen from the Sith spawn. You can't open the doors before the generator door from hangar opens and Jedi rush in. Alternately, you can have a system like in Deathstar, where opening the Side Corridor door takes MUCH longer from the Sith side than for Jedi.

So you want to keep the panels for objs, alright that's good. Still don't like the idea of the doors opening before you open the door into side from reb side, this doesn't even yet factor getting a foothold, flushing out all sith and Mando's etc etc. It is already a potential risk that main falls and you get slapped around in hangar. This would just add another route of offensive ganking for imps

So you want to keep the panels for objs, alright that's good. Still don't like the idea of the doors opening before you open the door into side from reb side, this doesn't even yet factor getting a foothold, flushing out all sith and Mando's etc etc. It is already a potential risk that main falls and you get slapped around in hangar. This would just add another route of offensive ganking for imps
Alternately, you can have a system like in Deathstar, where opening the Side Corridor door takes MUCH longer from the Sith side than for Jedi.
Edit: This would also be an incentive for Jedi to fight for the secondary objective more actively, and not to camp hangar, like they usually do.

Last edited:
It's less incentive and more pressure in that it puts a clock for your team getting shredded from all angles, which would encourage active, but not necessarily smart plays.

The reason hangar is camped when pushing side is because it's the only reliable cover when you are potentially dealing with snipers

It's less incentive and more pressure in that it puts a clock for your team getting shredded from all angles, which would encourage active, but not necessarily smart plays.

The reason hangar is camped when pushing side is because it's the only reliable cover when you are potentially dealing with snipers
That's how it is in most games of this type. Take Counter Strike for example - you have just enough time to plant the bomb or kill the enemy team, if it wasn't like this players would play passively the hell out of it, and it would be really boring, just how it is in MB2 right now. This is also why I am in favour of reducing the round time limit.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I definitely think many maps would benefit from slight spawn point adjustments and more open doors. Especially DOTF and Lunar that Soldier mentioned.

This is something I'd love to explore when I have the time.

I'm pretty sure imps could open doors on DOTF at some point. Or is my memory playing tricks on me?