•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] MacPro installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I install this for Mac? I just got a MacPro and figured I should try to install the Mac version rather than running a virtual PC in which I did in the past when playing this game. It's enlightening to see that people are still playing this.

My apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place.

Would you mind explaining as if I were 5?

I followed the vague instructions and If I drag the MB2 folder into gamedata and launch MB2, the "news/update bulletin" (not sure what else to call it) is blank and the master server list is also blank.

If I add each PK3 file from the MB2 folder to the base folder, my game crashes upon startup.

If I add only MB2 assets PK3 files to the base folder, everything shows up as normal but when I attempt to connect to a server it says that I'm missing files.

So three things that I've tried, nothing is working properly.

:(

For the moment, If you install mono, then you should be able to play it through launcher.

kikili

Movie Battles II Team
BTW :
MB2 folder should be in game data folder (depending on which version of JKA or OpenJK you use).
Use Mac launcher to launch it then with args : +set fs_game "MBII" (I've joined it here)

Attachments

• JKJALaunch.zip
    152.8 KB · Views: 291

kikili

Movie Battles II Team
To access to the jk launcher config double click on its icon with "shift" key down.
You will then access to a screen like that, where you can specify :
Capture d’écran 2015-10-23 à 11.58.44.png

Status
Not open for further replies.