•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Macbook Works fine for months.... not today

So after a long process of trying to get the mod to work on my mac, I finally get it and it works perfectly for several months. Now, just as of today, all of the sudden it crashes after it finishes loading a server. I'm not sure if there's something i might've accidentally changed in the network settings or on the server browser, any ideas from anyone?

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Make sure that EAX is disabled in your audio settings. It's known to crash the mac client, for some reason.

Make sure that EAX is disabled in your audio settings. It's known to crash the mac client, for some reason.
Thanks for the reply Supa. The EAX was already off, and I just ran it again and attempted to join a server with the sound settings on low (idk why not) and it still crashes right when the loading has finished. Any other thoughts?

kikili

Movie Battles II Team
Do you have MBII installed in the proper folder ~/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy, and do you launch it through jkalauncher.app ?

Do you have MBII installed in the proper folder ~/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy, and do you launch it through jkalauncher.app ?
yup. Have been doing this for months now and it only stopped working a day or two ago. Just out of the blue, my game froze up on the start of a new round and crashed. Since then it's been crashing upon completing the loading for a server. Was something pushed out without having to update the game manually or something??? I haven't changed anything in the local files and my EAX sound is off in the settings of the actual game.

Try to reset your settings with gui or by renaming/moving/deleting jampconfig.cfg (or whatever it called on mac).
At least one mac user find this useful:
[SOLVED] - Crashing when joining server | Movie Battles II Community
Ok so resetting all my settings worked. It must've been my network settings i guess. The AOD ppl said to change the rate to like 25000 and some other stuff I can't remember. How should my network settings be? They say that changing them makes it smoother, and it did. But, with the game crashing idk if i should mess with those settings anymore...

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
It must've been my network settings i guess.
I'm not even sure it's network setting. In fact, it can be any setting or combination of various settings.
The AOD ppl said to change the rate to like 25000 and some other stuff I can't remember.
Some servers insists on rate 20000 or higher. You'll have to change rate in order to play on those servers.
How should my network settings be? They say that changing them makes it smoother, and it did. But, with the game crashing idk if i should mess with those settings anymore...
There's some additional general info about those settings:
My First Day in MBII | Movie Battles II Community
Also you can look into Library, Performance section.

I simply don't know which setting cause mb to crash on mac. Maybe there will post from some other user explaining this stuff, but basically you are your own.
If you did renamed your config, you can rename it back and deeply investigate about exact setting combination that makes game crash.

Last edited:

kikili

Movie Battles II Team
If you are using time machine, try go get back those settings and compare to actual one. I don't think it's a network issue, but more probably a particular graphic option for your graphic card or resolution. Did you update you mac os x ?