•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Mac Problems - "Image Not Found" Which directory to install .exe?

Hi,

Before anyone forwards me to the installation guide page I've already looked.
I've downloaded the most recent version of the Movie Battles II .exe, installed Mono and began the installation, several times...

Firstly, I installed it where the guide told me to: /user/MYNAME/Library/Application Support/Jedi Knight Academy
When it is fully installed and I can see the MB files & dirs in there, I run it, and my terminal says "Image not found". When I check the log it generally just shows it can't find any of the MB files, odd, or the JKA image file I'm guessing.

I've also tried to install it, and/or move the files and re-direct the path to /user/MYNAME/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Jedi Knight Academy. That had the same problem, just no image.

I've also tired to install it, within Jedi Knight Academy contents dir (Visible by showing contents etc).

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. WHAT IS the actual CORRECT working directory for this program? What important files need to be present for it to see and boot correctly? Do I need to take any of the MB files out of the directories once it is installed? I'm getting fed up of doing it again and again to find it just doesn't boot.

Any help appreciated

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
WHAT IS the actual CORRECT working directory for this program?
You're supposed to put Movie Battles in "/Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy" if you have Steam version of Jedi Academy, or "/Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy MP" if you have CD version.
I run it, and my terminal says "Image not found".
Download and use JKJALaunch, as described in Installation & Troubleshooting Guide

Okay, I've put the MBIILauncher.exe into /Users/MY_NAME/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy and I've ran the application using mono, it's just currently doing a fresh install so it's taking a while.

I will try the JKJALaunch. Do I need to put this anywhere? And do I need to set anything within it like +set fs_game "MBII" ?

- - - Updated - - -

I ran JKJALaunch with +set fs_game MBII set in the command line - and it worked! However, it didn't display any servers when selecting join...
My fresh install to /Users/MY_NAME/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy hasn't finished yet, so how on earth would it be able to boot? Or is that still right and when it's finished it should work?

Just to note as well, within the JKJALauncher, the path to my Application File was actually:
IS - /Users/MY_NAME/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Jedi Academy/SWJKJA.app
AND NOT - /Users/MY_NAME/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy

As suggested for the Movie Battles install. Let me know if that looks right and if being able to boot MBII anyway sounds normal

Last edited by a moderator:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Just to note as well, within the JKJALauncher, the path to my Application File was actually:
IS - /Users/MY_NAME/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Jedi Academy/SWJKJA.app
AND NOT - /Users/MY_NAME/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy
Yes, executable of JA should be "/Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Jedi Academy/SWJKJA.app", but "MBII" folder is supposed to be there: "/Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy".

Okay great. I'll see what happens once the install is finished - Irritating how on my windows machine this takes two seconds, but on the Mac it's taken me half a day!

- - - Updated - - -

Looks to be working. Using the launcher seemed to sort it out, listing servers now and was able to join a game. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: