•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher [Mac] Launcher can't detect JA app

Hi people,

I finally went to reinstall MBII today after my previous Macbook broke in a coffee-related incident. As last time, I followed the archive installation, yet when I get to the setup screen for JKJALaunch it tells me that the file path is invalid, despite changing it as described elsewhere (e.g. this thread).

I have a feeling that this is me being stupid somewhere, but can't figure it out.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 11.37.55.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 11.37.55.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 163

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
This probably because you're trying to set up an invalid (non-existing) path JKJALaunch.

Why do I see "Application support" on your screenshot?
That directory is for MBII itself, not for Jedi Academy, with exception in case of Steam -- but Steam path should have "Steam" folder inside "Application Support".

Enter a correct path to JA binary in JKJALaunch, it will be something like this:
/Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support/Steam/SWJKJA.app
/Users/YOUR_NAME/Applications/Jedi Academy/SWJKJA.app
/Library/Application Support/Steam/SWJKJA.app
/Applications/Jedi Academy/SWJKJA.app

Also, screenshot you've posted is not very useful -- if you won't be able to set up a path in JKJALaunch by yourself, make a screenshots where a whole path (from a root of filesystem) to Jedi Academy could be seen, AND screenshot where a whole string you're trying to enter in JKJALaunch could be seen.

Okay, I was being dumb. I found the directory of the app in the steam folder, which is:

/Users/[My Name]/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Jedi Academy/Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.app

Unfortunately, JKJALaunch is still telling me this paths invalid.

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Okay, I was being dumb. I found the directory of the app in the steam folder, which is:

/Users/[My Name]/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Jedi Academy/Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.app

Unfortunately, JKJALaunch is still telling me this paths invalid.
Where are the screenshots I requested?

Make sure you didn't mistyped a path.

Try this path:
/Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Jedi Academy/SWJKJA.app

I literally have no idea how to get the entire file path in one screenshot on a mac and it seemed kind of unnecessary. The file string I followed and typed was as given in the above post - I'm not so stupid that I didn't check what I typed, or know how to copy/paste what I typed here...

In any case, changing the app part to SWJKJA.app worked, so thank you. :)