•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Mac Installation Problems

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 12.34.25 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 12.34.12 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 12.49.11 AM.png

Hey all,

I'm a total noob at this, and I've been trying to find the fix to my conundrum in installing and running this mod. So far no luck. Here's what I'm getting after installing mono, placing the launcher file in the right folder according to threads I've read, and entering the command into the terminal. Any suggestions? (edited out the text of where "user" should be since it's my full name). I'm running JA off of steam, and it runs like it should whenever I boot it up there.
Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 12.49.11 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 12.34.12 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 12.34.25 AM.png

Hey,
don't bother with the launcher (and mono), just download the files from this site. At the download page click on "Service terms and downloads", there you can get the full 3.8 GB.
Put the downloaded MBII folder into the application support folder of jedi academy (your 1st screenshot) and you're done with the "installation".
Unless you didn't get the jkja launcher, cause launching the game is another story. If you have trouble with that, just ask, but I guess there are descriptions for that too.

EDIT: just to be more clear, the downloaded folder will include the MBII folder which you need, it will include some other files (some .bat files) but you don't need those.

Last edited:
You need to locate the jedi academy app, not that mbii icon.

Then also write in command line options: +set fs_game MBII
and this way it opens mb2 instead of regular JKMP

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
What the hell?
You are supposed to place "MBII" folder right inside of "Jedi Academy" folder, ending up with paths like these:
/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy/MBII/MB2_Commtower.pk3
No "MovieBattlesII_FULL_V1.4.8" folder should exist.

Also, usually it's suggested to use
/Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy
folder, and NOT
/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy
folder.
Those are different directories.

Ohhh, alright.

So I take the "MBII" out of the folder I downloaded and place it in the JA folder? I just took what I downloaded from the site and placed that whole folder inside the JA folder. Where does the "MB2_Commtower.pk3" come from?

Cool, I'll change those directories.

This is how everything's laid out for me following the path of "user/yourname/". The Library folder is placed in the same branch as my user. Do I create a new Library folder, or is there a way to move that other one into where I would like it?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 6.04.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 6.04.38 PM.png
    167.1 KB · Views: 162
Just put the "MBII" folder in /user/library/application support/jedi academy. It shouldn't be in steam/steamapps...

Then for the jkja launcher use this path for locating jedi academy: user/library/application support/steam/steamapps/common/jedi academy/Star wars jedi academy.app
And also:
Then also write in command line options: +set fs_game MBII
and this way it opens mb2 instead of regular JKMP