1.     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Mac Installation Problems

Discussion in 'Support' started by Homebound Hero, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Homebound Hero

Homebound Hero

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 12.34.25 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 12.34.12 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 12.49.11 AM.png

Hey all,

I'm a total noob at this, and I've been trying to find the fix to my conundrum in installing and running this mod. So far no luck. Here's what I'm getting after installing mono, placing the launcher file in the right folder according to threads I've read, and entering the command into the terminal. Any suggestions? (edited out the text of where "user" should be since it's my full name). I'm running JA off of steam, and it runs like it should whenever I boot it up there. Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 12.49.11 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 12.34.12 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 12.34.25 AM.png

2. Jeob

Jeob

Hey,
    don't bother with the launcher (and mono), just download the files from this site. At the download page click on "Service terms and downloads", there you can get the full 3.8 GB.
    Put the downloaded MBII folder into the application support folder of jedi academy (your 1st screenshot) and you're done with the "installation".
    Unless you didn't get the jkja launcher, cause launching the game is another story. If you have trouble with that, just ask, but I guess there are descriptions for that too.

EDIT: just to be more clear, the downloaded folder will include the MBII folder which you need, it will include some other files (some .bat files) but you don't need those.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    Homebound Hero likes this.
  3. Homebound Hero

Homebound Hero

Thanks for the tip!

Where do I go from here?

JKJALauncher tells me the selection is unsupported.
    Screen Shot 2018-01-13 at 4.33.55 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-01-13 at 4.34.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-13 at 4.32.39 PM.png

4. Jeob

Jeob

You need to locate the jedi academy app, not that mbii icon.

Then also write in command line options: +set fs_game MBII
    and this way it opens mb2 instead of regular JKMP

5. Puppytine

Puppytine Slayed dreamer

What the hell?
    You are supposed to place "MBII" folder right inside of "Jedi Academy" folder, ending up with paths like these:
    /Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy/MBII/MB2_Commtower.pk3
    No "MovieBattlesII_FULL_V1.4.8" folder should exist.

Also, usually it's suggested to use
    /Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy
    folder, and NOT
    /Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy
    folder.
    Those are different directories.

Homebound Hero likes this.
  6. Homebound Hero

Homebound Hero

Ohhh, alright.

So I take the "MBII" out of the folder I downloaded and place it in the JA folder? I just took what I downloaded from the site and placed that whole folder inside the JA folder. Where does the "MB2_Commtower.pk3" come from?

Cool, I'll change those directories.

7. Homebound Hero

Homebound Hero

This is how everything's laid out for me following the path of "user/yourname/". The Library folder is placed in the same branch as my user. Do I create a new Library folder, or is there a way to move that other one into where I would like it?

Attached Files:

8. Homebound Hero

Homebound Hero

Here's what it looks like by browsing local files at the game's location in Steam. Why doesn't it look like this when I use the finder outside of Steam? Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 6.26.56 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 6.27.07 PM.png

9. Jeob

Jeob

Just put the "MBII" folder in /user/library/application support/jedi academy. It shouldn't be in steam/steamapps...

Then for the jkja launcher use this path for locating jedi academy: user/library/application support/steam/steamapps/common/jedi academy/Star wars jedi academy.app
    And also:

Puppytine and Homebound Hero like this.
  10. Homebound Hero

Homebound Hero

It worked! Thanks a million for all your help!