Looking for people eager to lend their voices.

k4far

Banned
Donator
I really like the idea of a separate voice chats for both sides. Imperials would get a Droid Announcer.

Rebels would keep the old same one or … if @Mcbober (He is the guy who "I need a medak" voiced our voice chat sounds so if we could get him to to do it again, then new stuff can come too eventually.) Developers are quite busy people, this game has got it is own age ... but who cares. We can prove even Battlefront voice acting is garbage.

1. Why would the Imperials get their own voice chat?
- For reasons, why not.

2. How would it sound after editing?
- Kinda like droids from the Clone Wars Series. That is the goal. It must be unique for our game anyway.

You can see one of my first effects here I am working with the voice of Matthew Wood (from one of his interviews.) He is the guy who voiced all B1 droids.
After playing with it for a bit it became clear to me why did they pick him, it is because of natural predisposition. Hear it yourself!

a) Original voice of Matthew Wood:
clyp.it/sj1epraa
"B1" effect:
clyp.it/jaa50o0x
b) The voice of @Mcbober:
with "SBD" effect:
clyp.it/aipiolum
with "Announcer" effect:
clyp.it/dgkaowqx
with "another Battle Droid" effect:
clyp.it/ja2j2i4s
c) The voice of @{Δ} Achilles:
clyp.it/nau4wlou

with "Announcer" effect:
clyp.it/nau4wlou

(What do you think. Is it good enough to be a droid.) Sounds kinda like a clanker. It is one of my very first attempts to do that original sound is out of a conference full of people I had to remove the noise and all. Achilles was unsure if his microphone is good enough happily it is. Thanks for your consent!​

My voice does not belong here. It needs to be like Matthew Wood’s mine would fit a SBD or a Deka perhaps.
No, I am not giving you my voice sample. It is akward lol.
Nah. You will also give up all rights to these recordings (so some bullshit will not come up in years and make problem for all of us.)
Find yourself in a game you are playing everyday. Seems like a good deal to me. If we can do it good enough maybe the Developers will consider adding it in to the game. We are not losing anything by doing that. If this does not make it in to the game I will try to use it in a form of taunts and other sounds we are hearing all the time for characters that might get in to Movie Battles in the future in the form of modifications and such.

How do we proceed...?
Get me a sample of your voice. Then I will apply various effects and send it back to you. If you like it we can do more.
This is one good Wikipedia page. It contains all voice commands used by Movie Battles voice chat: Voice Commands

You will need an application that can record the audio (I recommend You use Audacity), quite good microphone and a quiet place as well.

Print the earlier page and record yourself saying the all of that stuff. Save it somewhere, pack it up and send it back to me. I will apply the effect and we will see what has become of it. Feel free to improvise. We do not want an exact copy of what the Rebels have.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
B1s from the movies sound cooler than TCW B1s tho. If I were doing it (and I maaaay mess around with this idea a bit on my own since I've got some decent software for screwing with sounds, and a little experience with editing, and a decent mic, although no voice acting experience) I'd prefer the movie monotone, plus a monotone voice is probably easier to make/imitate than a more complicated voice.

We could even shoot for a more "generalized" voice effect that's somewhere between B1 Battle Droids and Rogue One Death Troopers. (I'm struggling to find a good youtube clip that clearly demonstrates the Death Trooper voice but I remember it's basically unintelligible but cool-sounding. I'd want the voice to be intelligible but a cool-sounding techy monotone.)

Also cuz I think it'd be weird to have everyone using the same voice of a specific character, so I'd prefer a "generalized" voice instead.

Also regarding the actual lines themselves, the imps should have voice lines that are more formalized and less excitable or imaginative. bns_chrg could even actually be just "Charge." or "Charge!" instead of "UUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH". There could be more repetition, the lines for req_assist could be "Help.", "I need help.", and "Help me." Reply_yes could be "Roger roger," "Roger, Roger," and "Roger." It would be funny.

The current voice fits rebs tho cuz it's all hammy and human and heroic.

Last edited:

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Hopefully a knowledgeable dev will float along and confirm whether separate comms for each team is possible, and whether they'd implement it if given a suitably high-quality sound pack.

(MSDWP) Q-11

Account Suspended
An excellent and timely initiative.

I also create a modification that changes the human voice commands to normal mechanical ones. At present, I collected 67 audio files with commands. It is necessary to collect at least 45 more sounds. We could combine efforts and accelerate modification creation process.

Will you cooperate?
If Yes, please write in private conversation.

This is a sample of charge command - Charge command - Clyp

Last edited:

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Oh that's interesting. For my own opinion of what'd be good, I think that charge command is waaaaay too inhuman sounding. There are a lot of humans on the imperials so the best "generalized" voice would be something that's at worst "cyborgish" but not totally "inhuman."

Certain models should have certain announcers. Instead of spending all their time on fixing something that people are going to complain about anyways, devs could start recording a default, neutral sound for models like sidious, Kanan, Kyle, Obi-Wan, stormtroopers, etc, then have special voice sounds for Darth Vader, Droid models (including deka and sbd), clone sounds...

Imagine.

k4far

Banned
Donator

UPDATE:

- new effect "Announcer". Sounds like Droid Commander from the Clone Wars TV Series.
- new voice sample. Thank you @{Δ} Achilles.

Anyone can help out. Make up a lot of lines that would fit for the Empire/Separatists side. When we have all we need I will ask someone to just record it do my part and everything will be complete. We need a lot more so I am counting on everyone. General Kalani was my muse for some.

Last edited:

Penekowski

Armchair Developer
Movie Battles II Team
I'll definitely keep an eye out for this!

tumblr_inline_o0c9zpODmc1rhkl0p_500.gif

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
What do y'all think of something like this

shooting for a creepy-calm, un-animated kinda could-be-a-robot-or-just-a-guy-on-a-voice-scrambling-radio kinda broadly-applicable kinda dealio, as a contrast to the big animated loud rebel hero man. That being said r/n my own judgement is that it has too much of a high end makin it sound not deep/scary enough. Thought the radio/robot effect was good, though?

it's also a bit on the quiet side, voice-tone-wise, could do with a bit more urgency and "volume" but i uh don't have the best setup for loudly yelling at my computer

also this has three different effects on it so there's quite a lot of room for tweaking the effects in different directions; I just want to know what people think of it.

edit: Critiques i've gathered so far suggest I'm too close to the mic and the effects are layered on a bit too heavily, making it a little hard to tell what I'm saying and making the overall sound a bit annoying if it was used all the time. I'll dial back the effects, move away from the mic, and speak more loudly and less murmury.

But I do think I'm onto something overall, so if you disagree and dislike the entire premise, Please Tell Me cuz this project is an attempt to make something people like.

Last edited:

k4far

Banned
Donator
ROGER ROGER.

SMALL UPDATE:

- new effect "SBD". Sounds like SBD, what else,
- new effect "another Battle Droid" it is a mix pretty legit.
- had Mcbober turned in to a droid.

I am really in need of some voice samples... anyone will do. I would like to post more and larger files to better show off the effects. At the moment I had to ask Samuel L. Jackson and he just laughed me off...

According my logistics processing unit, this upgrade will increase productivity by a considerable percentage.
Further research is encouraged.

gobs.gif

tumblr_mlsnirThfo1s70agto2_250.gif