Let's Talk Sides

k4far

Banned
Donator
665.jpg

I would like to talk about sides / side whacks.

It isn't hard to do it with style like blue. Enemy can reach your side by hitting below protected 180 degrees from your front - this ain't much if we consider it's rarely 1 vs 1 and blue in it's current form is rewarding for running in circles and spamming. Sides happen randomly, reward randomly, punish randomly.

Staff and duals provide extra protection which is about 220 degrees.

I am suggesting here a minor increase of about 5 degrees for single blade lightsabers and a minor decrease for staff but since I can not confirm both values are exact 220 I only want to say that staff should have a little less.

It already feels too hard to sidewhack or backwhack to me, many times you will be behind another guy and he will block that shit successfully. Annoying

k4far

Banned
Donator
It already feels too hard to sidewhack or backwhack to me, many times you will be behind another guy and he will block that shit successfully. Annoying

It's not hard enough, people who take the lightsaber for the first time without any defense do it randomly on more experienced players. It happens when they are dueling somebody and even though during the duel sidewhacked guy still can see both opponents with /cg_fov '100'.

How can somebody you have in your line of sight continue sidewhacking you? This annoys me a little.
I never get to fight 1 vs 1 but still... Because if you see him you are not exposing your sides which is illogical when that side hit happens.

It's not hard enough, people who take the lightsaber for the first time without any defense do it randomly on more experienced players. It happens when they are dueling somebody and even though during the duel sidewhacked guy still can see both opponents with /cg_fov '100'.

How can somebody you have in your line of sight continue sidewhacking you? This annoys me a little.
I never get to fight 1 vs 1 but still... Because if you see him you are not exposing your sides which is illogical when that side hit happens.
As soon as you pick a saber class you are exposing your side.

But in more seriousness if you play open, chances are you'll get backwacked by some random most of the time but when you try to backwach someone the hit will either be blocked magically even if he doesn't turn or it'll just miss somehow.