Let's do something fun for a change.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
pff, as if "MB2 Team" is even remotely a good name for a place for people to come together explicitly to treat the game as it is and have fun with it instead of complaining about it.

or a good name for a place that's anything other than a place where members of the dev team meet.

I mean, come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
And what is the point, exactly? We already have forums, a steam group and a discord server.
gud qwestion

The forums aren't oriented at all around just finding other "sane players" (moderately competent, non-clan, non-troll, willing to take anything seriously), and they're very heavily oriented around discussing how the game should be rather than how it is. The Steam group is inactive and ignored afaik. The discord is a very broad array of people and is inundated in meme trash imo.

i'm trying to fish vaguely for sane people but it's not working super well

but i'm sure that there's sane people out there

this is approx. my 3rd attempt to fish for sane people in mb2. i've stopped phrasing it as a "clan."

the subtext of the thread title "fun for a change," and of "join if you're sane and you like playing the video game known as Movie Battles II" is "jesus christ given all the trolling and whining and raging etc y'all don't seem to enjoy playing this video game, where's the people who like playing the game"

even when people are playing well they just channel it into insecure smug doucheyness instead of having fun.

and when they're playing bad they channel it into insecure rage or detached smug irony.

Last edited:

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
i have no idea what that second line is referencing but i guess it would probably be Edifying™ so could you cite it

oh maybe it's this

Authors were needed for many reasons. First of all, he understood that the Soviet people wanted to read books and watch plays. When Party functionary D.I. Polikarpov complained that there were too many "counterrevolutionaries" in the Union of Soviet Writers, Stalin replied, "I don't have any other writers for Comrade Polikarpov, but we can find another Polikarpov for the writers." Stalin understood that he needed, in a certain quantity and for a certain period of time, "undesirable" writers. He came to terms with this fact. Even when many of them were no longer being published in the USSR, he willingly sent them overseas for conferences and speaking tours. But at any moment if he felt that a writer was no longer useful, he was ready to abruptly get rid of him.

They are all on the MBII servers right now, literally.
right, well, i posted the steam group here for the heck of it but populating it will probably take more in-game outreach or somethin. llllllllllater i might get a server and focus on making it popular so i can use it also as a banner ad for the group. :p

They are all on the MBII servers right now, literally.
And I don't have any other writersplayers for Comrade Polikarpovlessen (c)

The limited number of characters allowed, and the short window of time designated to viewing a message make the in-game chat system not very conducive to detailed conversation, since longer messages would have to be replaced by a series of shorter messages (if you want to discuss any detailed strategy), and other players often end up diluting your message by responding too early or bringing up their own thing. That ends up making the whole chat really disorganized, and difficult to read. You end up having to check console and track the specific user's name to understand their message as a whole, which is irritating.

The game chat is fine as it is though, I just think it's not conducive to what lessen is looking for (a serious detailed discussion?)

(or at least something more detailed than "defend obj, don't overextend" probably).

Last edited: