Learning Mapping

Shalak Que

US Official Server Admin
So i decided for some reason im going to try to make some maps. I'm going to stick with jedi academy for now. So if any of you mapping pros out there would like to give me tips or links to good guides that is all welcomed and appreciated. So wish me luck and please don't be all like "yoou such a noob you can't just say your gunna start mapping and learn it in a day go die in a hole" this is simply to test the waters and see what the temperature is. Again any tips or guides are a great help and if you want to go more indepth with helping me such as talking to me through say skype where i can see your screen and personally teach me please pm me. Wish me luck.

Also any maps i feel are half decent i will post on jkhub.

Don't use the Hollow tool. Build the rooms yourself, brush by brush. The quality will be much better. Hollow usually causes z-fighting in some cases due to how it sets up each brush... I think that's why this tip exists. If not, then it's because it just looks cleaner.

Shalak Que

US Official Server Admin
thank you I've already been watching videos and its a lot, not harder but more time consuming than i originally thought. I've been doing it for about an hour and haven't gotten a simple box perfect lol. This is gonna take awhile.