Launching error

So I've been playing for about a month now and suddenly some reason whenever I launch the game (through multiplayer) it opens up the normal Jedi knight academy game and whenever I join a server all the text is fucked and there are other various errors. Basically it's not launching movie battles 2 and I have no idea why, I've not found a single person with the same problem as me.

Yes I'm using the launcher and have it open when I launch the game, and it wont let me launch the game outside of steam.

So I've been playing for about a month now and suddenly some reason whenever I launch the game (through multiplayer) it opens up the normal Jedi knight academy game and whenever I join a server all the text is fucked and there are other various errors. Basically it's not launching movie battles 2 and I have no idea why, I've not found a single person with the same problem as me.

Yes I'm using the launcher and have it open when I launch the game, and it wont let me launch the game outside of steam.
...wait are you saying that you open then launcher then lauch JKA to get the multiplayer ?