1.     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher Launcher Won't Download, Don't know what I'm doing

Discussion in 'Support' started by name0, Jul 26, 2018.

1. name0

name0

About to get seriously pissed off because I have no idea what to do to fix this. Everyone seems to have some stupid problem with this launcher, and I just want to play the game. Help

===================================================
    Movie Battles II AutoUpdater file Created on: 7/25/2018 19:29:29
    ===================================================
    Initialising connection to server.
    Detected OS Windows. Retrieving Windows Launcher Manifest.
    Retrieved 695 bytes
    Deserialising manifest.
    Deserialised complete. There are 2 records.
    Starting backup.
    Checking if /MBIILauncher.exe exists in path D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData/
    File found at D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData//MBIILauncher.exe
    Backing file up to D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData//MBIILauncher.exe.mbbak.
    File backed up.
    Checking if /MBII_Patcher.dll exists in path D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData/
    File found at D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData//MBII_Patcher.dll
    Backing file up to D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData//MBII_Patcher.dll.mbbak.
    File backed up.
    Checking for old configurations.
    Previous configurations found.
    Old configurations backups found. Deleteing...
    Old Configurations Removed.
    Backing up C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local/Movie_Battles_Team/ to C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local/Movie_Battles_Team_Backup
    Configuration Backup completed.
    Backup completed.
    Deleting current files.
    Begging uninstall of current version
    Checking for existance of D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData//MBIILauncher.exe.
    File exists. Deleting...
    File Deleted
    Checking for existance of D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData//MBII_Patcher.dll.
    File exists. Deleting...
    File Deleted
    Uninstall completed
    Aquiring new files.
    Beginning update
    Retrieving /MBIILauncher.exe from Movie Battles II Community. File will be saved to D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData//MBIILauncher.exe
    Error occured during download: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
    Stack Trace: at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile(Uri address, String fileName)
    at AutoUpdate.AutoUpdate.GetUpdateFiles()
    Begging uninstall of current version
    Checking for existance of D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData//MBIILauncher.exe.
    Checking for existance of D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData//MBII_Patcher.dll.
    Uninstall completed
    Beginning restore.
    Checking for existance of D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData//MBIILauncher.exe.mbbak
    File found. Restoring to D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData//MBIILauncher.exe
    Checking for existance of D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData//MBII_Patcher.dll.mbbak
    File found. Restoring to D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData//MBII_Patcher.dll
    Restore completed
    Beginning removal of backup files
    Checking if file D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData//MBIILauncher.exe.mbbak exists.
    File exists. Deleting...
    Backup File Deleted
    Checking if file D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData//MBII_Patcher.dll.mbbak exists.
    File exists. Deleting...
    Backup File Deleted
    Starting Launcher...
    Using path: D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Jedi Academy/GameData/MBIILauncher.exe. Command line:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  2. Defiant

Defiant Project Leader Movie Battles II Team Code Leader

What anti-virus are you using? Have you tried running the update with it disabled. A handful of vendors are still flagging the launcher as suspicious, its possible the anti-virus has scanned the download and killed the connection believing it to be malicious.

3. name0

name0

I thought I had disabled my anti virus, but actually didn't. Got it working with other advice I found here, sorry for the bad formatting btw. You can delete this thread if you like.

4. MortalClaptrap

MortalClaptrap

Try getting better dialup.