Launcher Update - 3.0.1

mb2_logo_1.png
We have released a small update to Launcher to fix a couple of bugs that made it into the last release.
  • Fix: The minimiser will no longer be disabled after the 'Settings' screen is displayed.
  • Fix: The self updating mechanism will now be able to update its self when an 'AutoUpdate.exe' already exists.
  • Fix: Steam integration settings will now be saved - this should prevent Steam Users engine from constantly resetting back to JAMP if another option is selected.
  • Fix: References to a 'Complete' Installation have been removed.
  • Fix: At the end of installation the AutoUpdater will now ask the Shell to launch MBII Launcher rather than the operating system. This may solve some instances of the download appearing corrupt or blocked.
  • Fix: A crash has been fixed where there is no 'MBII' directory beneath the selected GameData path.

It seems to get stuck at validating files, even when run as admin. Evertime I restart it, it gets stuck on another file

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
How long have you left it for? You may need to allow 30 seconds to a few minutes for the larger files on the first run.

about 3 mins, ill leave it on for longer and watch if it progresses
before was alot faster though

edit: seems to be stuck, no progress for about 12 minutes

Last edited:

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
about 3 mins, ill leave it on for longer and watch if it progresses
before was alot faster though

edit: seems to be stuck, no progress for about 12 minutes

Delete MBII/PatchStatus.xml

Hey People!

I've just had to reinstall all JA and MBII, and ran into a problem I hope some of you might be able to answer. I've downloaded all the MBII files via torrent, put them into GameData, clicked on Launcher, says Launcher needs refresh:
imgur album C5rI6sF
I click refresh, then the error pops up:
imgur album OxdA4RC
I tried to delete the MBIILauncher folder and the one in the AppData as well, and then retry, but it doesnt work still. Any idea what to do with this?

I'm having a problem playing matches now. Shortly after i enter a match, it boots me out of the match to the menu screen with error: sound/null has length 0

Master Butters

Donator
Every time I open the launcher it seems to want to redownload the patch. Is there any way to stop this? I don't want to have to wait 15 minutes every time I want to play MBII.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Run a repair then close and relaunch launcher. I believe that will get it to shut up.

upload_2018-6-1_10-13-33.png
upload_2018-6-1_10-13-33.png

Somehow it keeps giving me the same error.
I even reinstalled the whole game..
It worked fine yesterday evening though..

Hey People!

I've just had to reinstall all JA and MBII, and ran into a problem I hope some of you might be able to answer. I've downloaded all the MBII files via torrent, put them into GameData, clicked on Launcher, says Launcher needs refresh:
imgur album C5rI6sF
I click refresh, then the error pops up:
imgur album OxdA4RC
I tried to delete the MBIILauncher folder and the one in the AppData as well, and then retry, but it doesnt work still. Any idea what to do with this?

Same problem here, did you fix it already?