•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Launcher not opening

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
Alright so a few nights back i was putting my computer to sleep and left mb2 launcher open. The next day i find out that steam is showing that im playing the game even though its not open. This is a somewhat common bug on steam and i restarted the computer. After that when i try to open the mb2 launcher it just says "MB II Launcher has stopped working..."

I tried deleting mb2 and jka, then reinstalling and running jka (which works) then mb2 launcher again but with the same problem. So i wont be able to reinstall it either as the launcher refuses to open. Any tips would be appreciated.

Antraxo

Donator
Have you tried starting it as an admin? Or with compatibility mode ?
Funnily for me I can never start the mod using the steam integration. But it always works using the MBII Client thing. Hmm have you tried starting the mod without the launcher? Never tried that myself it just came to mind.

SK5

Internal Beta Team
EU Official Server Admin
Have you tried starting it as an admin? Or with compatibility mode ?
Funnily for me I can never start the mod using the steam integration. But it always works using the MBII Client thing. Hmm have you tried starting the mod without the launcher? Never tried that myself it just came to mind.

Yes i tried with both, didnt help.
The problem is that i cant even open the launcher so i cant install the mod.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Delete these folders:
Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII_Launcher
C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Movie_Battles_Team

Make sure "Jedi Academy\GameData\MBII" directory does not contain any zero-sized files.

Reactions: SK5
Hey, I just wanted to say I was having the same problem but I just redownloaded the Launcher (after taking a long break) and it wasn't working from the get-go. This helped me!! thank you!!