•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher Launcher issue

ok so every time i go to run MBII (from the launcher) it fails every time i have reinstalled this 6 times the same way some times it would for a while then crash again, when i uninstall i uninstall everything, the JKA game folder and any files with/from MBII launcher download etc. this is what i get each time

----------------------
139324 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
execing jaconfig.cfg
couldn't exec autoexec.cfg
Z_Free(): Corrupt zone header!

I don't know how to fix this, at one point before it did work by changing the game path to MP for it would start up SP instead of MP(at least that's what it seemed like anyway) now it just doesn't start, i've been installing/uninstalling mods of all types for almost all star wars games never had this issue before, when i install i use all the proper settings and useing the auto installer (of course i tell it where to place the files)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\/base
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\\base\assets3.pk3 (16 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\\base\assets2.pk3 (62 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\\base\assets1.pk3 (8320 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\\base\assets0.pk3 (15346 files)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Jedi Academy\GameData\/base

this second part is whats above the first part not sure if this helps in anyway

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
tl;dr:
MBII Launcher => Settings => Engine => MBII Client => Play.

==========================

This error usually occurs when content of original jasp.exe is launched instead of jamp.exe.
Important: in Task Manager it will be jasp.exe either way, due how Steam do things.
Both, MBII Launcher and Steam handles renaming in order to run game properly, but in your case I guess something went wrong.

I recommend you to make sure that you've closed all Steam applications before running MBII Launcher.

Check file permissions for files jasp.exe and jamp.exe, and for whole folder "Jedi Academy\GameData".
Make sure those files aren't read only.

Close all Steam-related windows, close MBII Launcher, rename files manually: jasp.exe => temp.exe, jamp.exe => jasp.exe, temp.exe => jamp.exe.
Maybe after this MB2 will be able to run.

You can start Movie Battles without a Launcher, using Steam instead (though you still have to keep Launcher running):
Right click on Jedi Academy in your Steam Library and select Properties. You should see a button labeled Set Launch Options. Select that, and in the text field copy and paste
Code:
+set fs_game "MBII"
Whenever you start Jedi Academy Multiplayer through Steam it will automatically load to Movie Battles II.

Also, you can use MBII Client instead:
MBII Launcher => Settings => Engine => MBII Client => Play.

Technical Issue - Can't launch MB2 since last update: "Corrupt zone header" error
[SOLVED] - Steam Installation Folder and other problems.
Technical Issue - Jedi Academy has stopped working
Technical Issue - Get this issue every time its about to join a game
Z_Free(): Corrupt zone header!

MBII Launcher => Settings => Engine => MBII Client => Play. I could not see an "Engine" button

temp.exe i could not find, only version of this i could find was renameing jasp.exe to temp.exe, so far i have done everything else

Edit: everything got worse the renamed files just crash, the one dosent even open, through steam it says missing exe file

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
MBII Launcher => Settings => Engine => MBII Client => Play. I could not see an "Engine" button
MBII Launcher => Settings => uncheck "Steam integration" => Engine => MBII Client => Play.
If you still can't see Engine, post a screenshot of Settings.
temp.exe i could not find, only version of this i could find was renameing jasp.exe to temp.exe, so far i have done everything else
Indeed you can't find temp.exe, you're supposed to rename jamp.exe to jasp.exe and jasp.exe to jamp.exe using temp.exe as a temporary, intermediate file (you cannot do such renaming without a temporary file)!

"temp.exe" is just an example, you can use any name for intermediate file, like "wishmaster.exe", "foo.bar", etc.