•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher Launcher and server problems

I just re-installed my retail version of the game, downloaded and extracted MB2 into Gamedata, and I used the Play_MBII batch file to go to the MB2 main menu. I WAS having trouble finding servers which I was asking about on Steam, but I was directed here (still having trouble with that). But NOW, I just installed the launcher after snooping around a little in the files. I can run the launcher, but it seems to have deleted some textures or something, because virtually all the textures in the main menu, including the cursor, are just white blocks.

I just tried running the Launcher through MBII Client and it fixed my server problem, though it came up windowed with no obvious way to make it bigger. When I joined a server, a lot of textures were missing also; mostly icons for factions and characters, etc. I couldn't really set up my character at all, so I gave that up quick. When I run the Launcher through JAMP, it goes back to not showing any servers. Still missing textures. What am I missing?

Repair your installation using Launcher.

Make sure your JA is 1.01, not 1.00.
Windows technical FAQ/troubleshooting guide
Thanks for the reply, it seems to have worked. I forgot these older games need those updates. I do have a new problem, though. I can't seem to connect to any server properly. I ran it through the launcher. When the game loads, I get disconnected almost right away. A thing pops up in the main menu saying "Please run the game through the launcher and keep it running" which I am doing. I'll try some of the solutions listed in the FAQ, but any other tips would be helpful.

Last edited:
Try solutions from the FAQ, it's all there.
I seem to be able to keep it in check by repairing the launcher every time I use it, though now I seem to be having lag issues as I play the game, making it virtually unplayable. It could be that my roommate is using up some bandwidth. Will update when I can test it better.