•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] LAN Mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello MB2 community,

I'm new to the MB2 mod but would like to host a LAN server to play with some of my buddies. Any tips on getting it to run? Right now we just play 1.6 and Battlefront 2 which is getting rather stale.

Thanks for any help!

First, download these files from here, then place the jampDed.exe and server.bat files in your GameData folder.

Also place the server.cfg file in your MBII folder. This file contains all the settings you need for your server.

Now if you want to play on LAN, all you need to do is run server.bat and tell your friends to set their search options to LAN and it should be the only server listed.

Hope that helps :)

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
All I do to launch a lan server for MBII is to load jamp.exe, load mb2 manually and make it small windowed mode (Just my pref). Then I create server, make sure to tick dedicated server.

That way works for me without any files or extra stuff. It even works if I want to create an internet server.

All I do to launch a lan server for MBII is to load jamp.exe, load mb2 manually and make it small windowed mode (Just my pref). Then I create server, make sure to tick dedicated server.

That way works for me without any files or extra stuff. It even works if I want to create an internet server.

Thanks for the help. Any recommendations for open maps for 4-6 players? Or should i just stick to duel mode?

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
FA duels like mb2_duel_revan works great, even most non-duel ones too. Open might be kinda boring with that amount of players, no matter of sub-mode.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
The best map for 4-6 players open is probably MB2_Alderaan because it's quite small. MB2_Duel_Dotf on open mode also works quite well if u want to play with all classes. (You can play all duel maps on open mode if you want).

Cat Lady

Movie Battles II Team Retired
For 4-6 players (2-3 per team) I would rather recommend mb2_smuggler, alderaan seems more fitting for 12-14 players.

Status
Not open for further replies.