•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue Joystick problems

im just bad with keyboard and mouse so i tried to used a joystick (xbox series) to play, at first all controls worked well, but when i got to just look around i couldnt, i dont know how to bind the joystick so i can turn around, everything works, even looking up and down, its just the looking right and left that dont work, anyone know how to do that?

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
I would recommend getting used to KB&M over trying to configure a controller, but if you insist, then for gamepad controls:
  • Make sure Enable Joystick is set to Yes in Controls > Mouse/Joystick
  • In Controls > Movement:
    • forward/back/left/right should be bound to the left control stick
    • Turn Left and Turn Right should be bound to the right control stick
  • In Controls > Interaction, bind Look Up and Look Down to the right control stick

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
If it is an issue with detection then using OpenJK/MBII engine instead of JAMP may offer better support. If you're already using that then I do not really have any suggestions. There are a few people who use control sticks so I'm not really sure how well it works these days. Best I can say is it does seem to work at least for what I have to test with.

hey i need some help i try getting use to keyboard and mouse i just suck at it and would prefer controller anyway everything is fine but the right stick problem it doesn’t even register it i tried Openjk/MBII and nothings working plz help im tired of getting destroyed 💀