•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Jedi Academy disc just arrived via mail for Mac, can't even install the original game :(

So I put Disc 1 and then Disc 2 on my 2009 MacBook (Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard) so that the game may install. When I click on either the main game or multiplayer game the mouse icon starts flickering and the computer makes a sound over and over again (like the sound it makes when you can't delete trash because one of the items is still in use).

This is the original main game, I know the source code was released but I thought this would go smoothly. I can't imagine what's gonna happen when I try to install the mods.

Please help me MB Community, You're my only hope...

Okay question.

Did you buy this?
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Jedi-Knight-Academy-Mac/dp/B00013M0OK/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1446844879&sr=8-3-fkmr1&keywords=STAR+WARS™+Jedi+Knight+-+Jedi+Academy
Or did you buy this?
http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Jedi-Knight-Academy-PC/dp/B0000A2MCN/ref=sr_1_9?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1446844953&sr=1-9&keywords=Star+Wars+Jedi+Knight:+Jedi+Academy

Because the top one is for mac only, and the other is windows only.
That is the first step to figure out if you bought the correct one.
Your disk could also have damage, especially if you bought a physical copy of it used.

Personally I would just bought the disk, and install and play the steam version.
The box itself is a collectible and it looks nice.

Yes. I bought the one for mac, the first link that you posted. I bought it brand spanking new.

This is the part where my knowledge diminishes.
Your game might of had some bugs when it got formatted to mac.

You may need to browse around for patches, to update it with. You bought the base game in it's 1.0 form. This game is from an era where you buy the game disk and go to the games website for patches and updates. You should be able to google what you need to find.

Try that next.

This is the part where my knowledge diminishes.
Your game may had some bugs when it got formatted to mac.

You may need to browse around for patches, to update it with. You bought the base game in it's 1.0 form. This game is from an era where you buy the game disk and go to the games website for patches and updates. You should be able to google what you need to find.

Try that next.

Ty Boss. I'll see what me and my tentacles can do.

Also, try registering the CD key on steam.
Just to see if it would work. If it does this will probably make it easier to use seeing as steam auto updates everything.

SeV

Nerd
Internal Beta Team
The base game needs to be patched to 1.01 always afaik, but I'm not sure about the mac version. I have the original discs and the only thing needed for me is to use them to install, patch it, install MBII and then I'd be ready to go. Problem is, I don't know if there's gonna be some macfuckery involved or not.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Some of the later retail versions come prepatched to 1.01, at least for Windows. No idea on the Mac side, there be dragons.