Is this the droid We were looking for? (Request)

Discussion in 'Community Modding Requests' started by k4far, May 16, 2017.

?

Roger, Roger:

Poll closed May 23, 2017.
  1. Roger, Roger!

63.6%
  2. Roger, Roger?

36.4%
  1. k4far

k4far Donator

Dear All,

I have no experience in modding. I have no experience in asking for help. I can not really draw well I have some simple experiences with making banners/avatars/logos, cutting backgrounds, so let us say I have no experience at all.

What I would like to create:
    [​IMG]
    That one could come in handy as a reference to what we would be creating - in term of the shape precisely. Author of the above is Mr. Andre Kirk. Thank You for Your work.

The final effect might be more like:
    (click the clickbait thumbnail!).
    1494965310445 (0).png

Model would have support for dismemberment - that is the part of fun too!
    (So I saw this Droid once (and it got stuck in my head, for good) in Star Wars Clone Wars rude Maul sliced them to bits. These Droids had some interesting sounds "I want a scan of the entire perimeter", "You are coming with us", "halt" "*siren sound", "intruder", "where are You". Anyway, it would make a damn fine asset to the Trooper Class for Movie Battles. Rebels, badly need some Droids too). What can I provide as for now: I have some original sounds ready, the ones quoted earlier. I could also provide sounds to other skins you are currently working on, or refresh the sounds of an old skin. Might be even a few of them - your choice.

What else can I say...
    Soldier class in MB2 is the very first step in to the game, it is a great chance to get to understand the basics and appreciate having 3 lives over next seconds (from my experience).

Having a wider choice of Soldier class characters would most certainly encourage people to loosen up a little trying so hard on Jedi and instead allow them to focus on team play as a Soldier resulting in improvement of lots of things. I can bet, Your finger, anyone of us saw that one guy saying "If You are a newcomer, do not take Jedi" do not destroy my fun dying in first 30 seconds - I am sure he meant. There is a lot of truth in that (I suck as Jedi, but I am still playing it for Kanan, Ezra and Starkiller skins as for my case and that lightsaber and powers of course, others might be picking that Jedi/Sith becuse even if it is hard to learn it is most rewarding and fun to play (also, these classes offer a quite wide choice of skins*).

Brand new face, like our little Droid would be really appreciated in a long term by new and old players alike. I am well aware we all have our lives and other things to do I would help out with something that does not include playing with models if it was possible. So if You have anything on Your mind, please share.

(I have posted pretty same message on JKHub).
    Please help me out - You are my only hope,
    Sincerly,
    K_4.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  2. lessen

lessen

I do wish rebs had a droid. Astromech makes sense but also doesn't make sense (class design wise). I don't like the design of the droid you cited.

secretly i wish for a K-2SO Wookiee skin. K2 is tall and canon bonks people on the head, too. it just makes sense

3. k4far

k4far Donator

Class itself would have to be renamed to fit a droid as a "wook". I have not seen the Rogue One I bet there is reasoning behind your idea.

...I found it. It is a police droid or space port security droid, whatever. It was in over 12 episodes of Clone Wars and I am currently cutting sounds straight out of episodes to have things prepared. In case someone shows me mercy here.

Penekowski likes this.
  4. SneakDissing

SneakDissing

Kill yourself.

5. k4far

k4far Donator

And I regret seeing The Force Awakens not so much of a new content forced like everything, that lame budget Jar-Jar at the end just killed it (director though, or right and THIS put it at the end who cares). Our Movie Battles model has more life.

6. Noob

Noob

Not sure if bait

7. SneakDissing

SneakDissing

itsatrap

8. k4far

k4far Donator

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  9. Goliath-A.I.

Goliath-A.I.

Did somebody say droids?

[​IMG]

10. k4far

k4far Donator

Would anyone be willing to finish this, following the earlier information ?

Police Droid.png Police Droid close.png Police Droid back.png

To do:
    1. chest badge
    2. rest of the head
    3. skeleton frame
    4. texturing
    5. testing

11. Kualan

Kualan

12. k4far

k4far Donator

I did not model that myself - I am not the author of anything visible here.
    As for what I did, I only managed to dig it up from a certain Star Wars Game that has been shut down.

Last edited: May 21, 2017