Is there any way to make non-MBII maps work on MBII?

I've downloaded a series of maps that i'd like to use but when I try to join Jedi or Sith and spawn in, it doesn't work.

It says 'Waiting for players' on the screen and that's it. Any ideas on how this can be fixed/if its even possible?

k4far

Banned
Donator
Sounds like spawns are not placed. Jedi Academy/Movie Battles building it different from building in other games.
You might have a map appearing to be okay, but it is made of only the textures and some models. For example. if there are some doors You will not/You should not be able to open them, unless you write scripts and everything for it to work.

If you would like to learn how to build, just read about it visit JKHub.

Sounds like spawns are not placed. Jedi Academy/Movie Battles building it different from building in other games.
You might have a map appearing to be okay, but it is made of only the textures and some models. For example. if there are some doors You will not/You should not be able to open them, unless you write scripts and everything for it to work.

If you would like to learn how to build, just read about it visit JKHub.
So I'd have to make edits in Hammer? Alright I might give it a go some time in the future then, i'm guessing that correctly replacing the spawns isn't that hard from what I've seen in Hammer already.

Cheers, what do oyu mean about the textures and doors though?

k4far

Banned
Donator
Objectives are scripted, interactable things like doors are scripted. You have to do it all over then test it. Having a landspace you can see is a
tip of the iceberg, what awaits...

I am not in to building in Movie Battles, I used to build in Lugormod it was all about console commands, not an external program I assume that "Hammer" is the program you are using to edit maps.

If you have more questions, try asking on JKHub.org I saw a plenty of people working on their own maps, they will surely help you out.
I would like to tell you more, but I know only so little.

Objectives are scripted, interactable things like doors are scripted. You have to do it all over then test it. Having a landspace you can see is a
tip of the iceberg, what awaits...

I am not in to building in Movie Battles, I used to build in Lugormod it was all about console commands, not an external program I assume that "Hammer" is the program you are using to edit maps.

If you have more questions, try asking on JKHub.org I saw a plenty of people working on their own maps, they will surely help you out.
I would like to tell you more, but I know only so little.
cheers bud