Is everything in order?

Hey. This is the first time getting involved with Movie battles. I've seen some videos on it and a large amount of childhood memories came rushing back. It's everything I wanted the game to be. I'm excited to get involved but want to make sure everything is in order.

Is there any rule of thumb I need to know about before getting involved? Any downloads? Anything I'm not aware of as a new player?

As a side note I wonder if any of you know; how do you make it so dismemberment happens more often? In the base game and on here? I know there's a code but upon adding it to the ini files it doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong?

Anyway, looking forward to the future. Hello :)

Reactions: SK5
Honestly, there's so much you should know that I would need an hour to try and type it all out

Check out this thread - My First Day in MBII

Lots and lots of important info there. When you're finished, just go and play. Reading won't make you much better, but playing sure will.

Reactions: SK5
The most important thing in the beginning is patience. You will die a lot, and since the rounds last 5 minutes it's easy to rage quit. If you want to play a Jedi or Sith, you should probably first play in the duel servers to gain some skills - you have 6 lives there, and you will learn the basics of dueling rather quickly. In open mode, I'd advise you to play the classes with reinforcements first - Soldier, Elite Trooper, and Clone.

If you're looking for some competitive play, joining a clan would be a good idea as they organize serious matches.

If you are looking for something less serious, you could play in the evening (in Europe) and look for Full Authentic servers. Remember to download the extra CMP, MMP and uM mappacks from the launcher, as well as Power Battles from the forum. These maps tend to have some overpowered classes and abilities that don't exist in the Open mode, and it's a blast to play. The gameplay can be completely different and the maps don't always stick to a Star Wars theme. It's also filled with silly maps like Super Death Arena, where you and other players are put into a box filled with Rancors, and the objective is to avoid being devoured. Great fun that you can't find outside of the FA mode.