•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue installing on linux

So it seems the instructions on the wiki are for windows and mac, I did try the steam instructions, but the file is a dos executable, even though it is called MBIILauncherLIN.exe. I have openjk working fine, so thats not a problem. distro manjaro (arch based).
There was also some .Net thing that I installed called Mono. I feel like I am looking at the wrong instructions, any help would be much appreciated.
guide in question-
Installation & Troubleshooting Guide

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
file is a dos executable
No, it's Win32PE, .Net application.
You need to install Mono (as you already did), and start Mono's executable passing a path to MBIILauncherLIN.exe as a command line parameter.
But anyway, MBIILauncher can't (I'm almost sure) launch MBII on Linux, it only can download MBII and validate an installation. MBII Launcher is not required to play on Linux.
I have openjk working fine
Just start openjk with this command line arguments:
Code:
+set fs_game mbii
distro manjaro (arch based)
But don't forget, Movie Battles is strictly 32-bit game. If you have 64-bit Linux, it's necessary to set up a thing called "multiarch" (32-bit libraries) to be able to run MBII.

Search Results for Query: ubuntu | Movie Battles II Community
[SOLVED] - Linux libraries request
Technical Issue - Running MBII with OpenJK linux; Mod loads, but not totally?

Defiant

Nerd
Project Leader
Movie Battles II Team
Code Leader
But anyway, MBIILauncher can't (I'm almost sure) launch MBII on Linux, it only can download MBII and validate an installation. MBII Launcher is not required to play on Linux.
Launcher can start the game on Linux, but you've got to get Launcher into the right folder relative to OpenJK.

do you which one that is?
Now this starts to run into playing movie battles 2 on mac we have almost the same problems but maybe just maybe you can try running the game with JKJALaunch with the command "set fs_game mbii". Tell me if it works. This is the same way I got MBII to work on mac with an easy fix.