Insanely Frivolous (but simple) Request

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
ce6c47c652b59ef260f48732750d1369.jpg

Right now, the "Mandalorian Neo-Crusader" model is only available as a Commander class, and it has RGB support.

Proposal:
- Remove the RGB support.
- (And fix the dismemberment bug lol. edit: fix is already in the works)
And then make it so:
- Blue Neo-Crusaders (Troopers) are Soldiers.
- Red Neo-Crusaders (Rally Masters) are Commanders.
- Yellow Neo-Crusaders (Field Marshals) are Bounty Hunters.

Merits:
- Bendak Starkiller (a Yellow NC) gets to wield a strong pistol, which suits Bendak's Blaster from KOTOR.
- Lets Field Marshal Mandalorians be ultra badass like they're supposed to be.
- Lets you rally Trooper NCs as, quite literally, a "Rally Master" NC.
- In general, lets you field an actual diverse army of NC spam, rather than it just being single-class spam. Memes.
- Easy to implement. I think.

Downsides:
- No more BRIGHT MAGENTA or moody black NCs.
- "Same model" on different classes. But we already have Stormtrooper Captains who, with white pauldrons, look a lot like regular Stormtroopers from a distance. And we have red Sith Troopers as commanders and white Sith Troopers as soldiers. And we have a commando Clone model that's pretty ambiguous with some of the Delta ARC models.
- There's a limited number of character slots, apparently, so this would necessitate replacing other characters. Apparently. "The model limit is mostly self-imposed for performance reasons and some other back end reasons. Basically the more model variance there is, the longer load times are, the lower your frame rate is."
- dev

Last edited:
Tbh, rgb colors don't quite seem to capture all the colors.

I wish they'd add dimming and brightness, aka glow to a scale-able slider.

Appearance, even if shallow, matters quite a bit. Customization is key.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
RGB does literally capture all the colors though. If you want dark colors, use "less" color, if you want pale, washed out colors (such as pale pink), add more of the other colors ("more white").

Still though, there are other ways to express "all the colors." A lot of people would probably find HSB sliders (Hue, Saturation, Brightness) more intuitive, but I'm pretty sure RGB is the way it's coded into the game and it would be something of a hassle to add another thing.

If there's any particular color you want to use, you could use an online color app thing to find the color you want first using HSB, and then copy the RGB values over to MB2. If you find a color you like in Hexadecimal a la #FB04A7, those hex values translate directly to 0-255 values for RGB. Here, use this: HTML Color Codes

Also, though, different player models "interpret" colors differently. Like Bossk always has an extra yellowish tinge. He's covered in lizard urine. It's strategy. You wouldn't understand. You're not as serious of a hunter as he is.

BUT STILL.

THAT'S OFF-TOPIC AS HELL.

do you like the suggestion or not, chaos :mad:

Last edited:
- "Same model" on different classes.

Rather diversify than start a clone army:)
Bendak was a chump! And his voice was funny. Can't really remember it though:) But I know it was funny!

And I'll have to disagree with you on the colors. Black for differend models/classes seems to be a different shade for some reason.
How it appears on certain clones/arcs vs soldiers, mandos..

Don't think its the full spectrum of color.

And as I mentioned elsewhere. Decals and Tattoos. Bendak would do well with this as well as sbds...mandos!

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Black for differend models/classes seems to be a different shade for some reason
Also, though, different player models "interpret" colors differently. Like Bossk always has an extra yellowish tinge. He's covered in lizard urine. It's strategy. You wouldn't understand. You're not as serious of a hunter as he is.
It's RGB so by-definition it's the full spectrum of color, trust me. It's just then run through some other model-specific filter.

GoodOl'Ben

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Double Ahah!

Kind of wish there was a program where you could fit textures over different models without any of the effort or work involved.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
For a computer monitor... Yes. Though it's not the true full spectrum. :D

Even then, JKA's RGB system isn't full RGB as I'm pretty sure the RGB values need to at least add up to a minimum value (forgot what it is) meaning that by that limitation alone you can't even use the full RGB spectrum.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
D:<

good ol ben that picture has taught me that i've been cheated of my greens. i should go outside and walk in a forest to see enough green to make up for it.

Triple Ahah!

Huhu.

Are these limitations on the part of the engine, the code? Is it worth it to get a better array of colors?
I've always wanted to add a chrome sheen to most of the models.

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
I'd like to see a commando class be added, where this Mando model is added. Vibrosword, cloaking device, shield, etc...

Noob

Nerd
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I say no because I think it would be a waste of model space. There should be no model/character duplicates at all, if I could have it my way.
Simple solution for you is to make a model pack or ask someone if they'd do it for you.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
sure, except that i strongly prefer using the default model pack so that what I see is what (most) other people see.

(curious what percent of the total playerbase is using Peneke tho)

arguably this is as much of a duplicate as Stormie / Stormie Captain is. The addition of a pauldron ain't that much different from a strikingly different paint job, and the paint job DOES denote a dramatically different rank, so from my perspective it doesn't feel like a "character duplicate." A yellow neo crusader's supposed to be wayyy stronger than a blue neo crusader, and that distinction doesn't really apply in the case of other RGB characters afaik.

Eh, we don't need the same model for 3 different classes, also how would that work if it where a mando?

{Δ} Achilles

Banned
Nerd
I use it exclusively for Cin Drallig, Vader breathing noises, UI improvements, and Sion. Anything else may as well be fluff.

Though I plan on editing the pack because I love New Reborn and Cultists.