•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Hosting Server Implementing Auto-Restart?

Fletcher Time

Master of Puppets
Donator
Community Liason
My end goal here is so that, when no players are active for maybe an hour or so, that the map rotation restarts. I have no plugins, or experience with plugins for that matter, but any help I can get is useful to me. I would like to either implement a rotation restart after server inactivity, or, if that's not possible, have the server automatically restart every 24 hours. Is that possible? My server is hosted through BFS. It's NA.

Thank you!

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
Not sure on what kind of permissions BFS allows for server side scripting or whatever but the first thought I had for this would be having something read the server console/log and marking down when the last ClientConnect message occurred. After X time of there not being one occurring, then you could have the server restart via scripts on the server or via something like an "rcon quit" command (though this may require similar scripts for handling the server process stopping or whatever, not entirely sure on all the nitty gritty details).