•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] I'm a Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. I'm super excited to join this community and play this game, it looks awesome. I'm having some trouble getting the controls down. I'm trying to follow the first day guide, but the very first bit of advice wont even work for me. When I type /unbind all, it says "all is not a key". Any work arounds?

-Thanks, Parker101200

If you are ever having problems seeing servers check this webpage.
Movie Battles II Server List

Now to connect to them.
Start the game, click join then open the console
The type /connect then the IP
/connect 89.555.555.555:25555

Now for not being able to see any servers, can you take a screen shot your mb2 folders on display.
Similar to what taxi did.
Only a few servers... | Movie Battles II Community
Or if you have the same exact problem taxi did, you can just follow what I said in that thread which is post #18

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I tried to connect via console, but it says that I'm missing some files from the server. I've also tried to use the "get new list" button to refresh the internet server list, but none show up. I think I might just have to download some more packs or something, but here's a screen shot of my files. (Note: on a mac and have the steam version of JKA). EDIT: Also I did try automatic downloads for this server and they didn't allow it. I'm trying other servers for now.
Screen Shot 2015-11-20 at 3.27.48 PM.png

Last edited:
AOD is a clan of narcissists that own a few servers that people play on and are usually the most populated servers.

Okay I am going to summarize what you have done so far, so people are up to speed when they jump in for the assist.
So you put the base game into a new folder( and I assume base game is updated because you got it on steam), downloaded the launcher again and let it install in the new folder and ran a integrity check.

http://blocked_domain/worjzy.png
Okay then, did you try this and hit the repair button?
*ignore the highlight*

You said you are missing a pk3, the game consists tons of pk3 files.
Do you know the specific one you are missing? Because if you try this and end up still missing the pk3 file you need, I can just give you mine and tell you where to put it so you can do it manually.

Also I forgot to say to take a screenshot of the error. The error you get when you try to connect to a server.

Last edited:
AOD is a clan of narcissists that own a few servers that people play on and are usually the most populated servers.

Okay I am going to summarize what you have done so far, so people are up to speed when they jump in for the assist.
So you put the base game into a new folder( and I assume base game is updated because you got it on steam), downloaded the launcher again and let it install in the new folder and ran a integrity check.

http://blocked_domain/worjzy.png
Okay then, did you try this and hit the repair button?
*ignore the highlight*

You said you are missing a pk3, well the game consists tons of pk3 files.
Do you know the specific one you are missing? Because if you try this and end up still missing the pk3 file you need, I can just give you mine and tell you where to put it so you can do it manually.
I'm not home at the moment so I don't know the specific .pk3 file. However, I didn't move any files or anything, I was following some other instructions for the Mac setup. I also don't have a launcher, I've been trying to play the mod by selecting mods in the regular multiplayer menu. I think I might have to just start over completely and delete everything, including the game. I remember overwriting something in the Jedi Acedemy folder as well.

I'm not home at the moment so I don't know the specific .pk3 file. However, I didn't move any files or anything, I was following some other instructions for the Mac setup. I also don't have a launcher, I've been trying to play the mod by selecting mods in the regular multiplayer menu. I think I might have to just start over completely and delete everything, including the game. I remember overwriting something in the Jedi Acedemy folder as well.

Yeah that is a BIG factor, the best way to play the game without getting errors is to use the launcher they provide.

So here is what you do, nuke it like you said. Have steam re-download it. Then download the launcher at the top of the MB2 fourms. The launcher works with the steam version perfectly, no need for a new folder.

I always suggest to make a new folder with the base game in it, because its a sure fire way of re-organizing everything and getting it to work. Because when it comes to mods, chances are the original folders are messy as hell and it takes one file from another mod or one file to be outdated to mess with what you are trying to do.

I will be here tomorrow as well to assist you when you get home.

Last edited:
Yeah that is a BIG factor, the best way to play the game without getting errors is to use the launcher they provide.

So here is what you do, nuke it like you said. Have steam re-download it. Then download the launcher at the top of the MB2 fourms. The launcher works with the steam version perfectly, no need for a new folder.

I always suggest to make a new folder with the base game in it, because its a sure fire way of re-organizing everything and getting it to work. Because when it comes to mods, chances are the original folders are messy as hell and it takes one file from another mod or one file to be outdated to mess with what you are trying to do.

I will be here tomorrow as well to assist you when you get home.
Awesome. Thank you so much man, great to be so welcomed to this community. I'll try that sometime tomorrow after work. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.