I believe Commanders/Elite Troopers should have Access to some form of healing, for the class is grossly under utilized. It is just a bulky soldier. Plus it would give the "I need a Medic" Voice command a point other than to be a joke. What is your opinion on the matter? How will it effect gameplay?

Well there is no need to give them new skills, it would be confusing on what to choose. In my opinion they should add new class (healing class as I said earlier). It would be cool if that happen, but actually... dont count on it. I dont see Commander and Elite troops as healers, I dont see new class coming either.

Sylar

Donator
Soldier 76 reporting for duty.

It's not likely to happen, Dev's said that it would promote a more slow gameplay (get shot, go to cover to heal, repeat) and I agree to some extend, although it would be cool to have a healing class I don't think it's worth the trouble of balancing just for the sake of having one.

Instead of that why don't we add medkits to Sold/ET say 10 points each? I think you have to wait behind cover for a second to use the medkit (like it puts you in an animation that stops you, something like that) so you couldn't just charge at them and spam medkits

Medics wont happen and this discussion has been beaten to death.
We thought of so many different ways to incorporate healing into the mix and nothing has been concrete to satisfy what the devs want.

I was partial to the health stations that battle front 2 has, and they were in these fixed positions around the map that anyone can use and destroy. Or my astromech idea of class that is a little droid that distributes ammo and armor and can interact with objectives faster called "hacking".

Barely have any offensive capabilities and just serves as a mobile dispenser.

Last edited:
Medics wont happen and this discussion has been beaten to death.
We thought of so many different ways to incorporate healing into the mix and nothing has been concrete to satisfy what the devs want.

I was partial to the health stations that battle front 2 has, and they were in these fixed positions around the map that anyone can use and destroy. Or my astromech idea of class that is a little droid that distributes ammo and armor and can interact with objectives faster called "hacking".

Barely have any offensive capabilities and just serves as a mobile dispenser.
Only problem I see with the stationary medics is the whole camping thing

Only problem I see with the stationary medics is the whole camping thing
The maps have objectives that can cause either side to loose.
People already camp and waste half the round sitting in one spot, and time waste.

Medics wouldn't do anything new that isn't already being done on a daily basis.
If you don't want people to camp, don't make strategic positioning around objectives and remove weapons that reward people from hiding and taking potshots aka snipers.

I rather have them just say "we don't want healing in open mode" than make an excuse "it will slow down gameplay" when the gameplay is always being slowed down without it.

Last edited:
The maps have objectives that can cause either side to loose.
People already camp and waste half the round sitting in one spot, and time waste.

Medics wouldn't do anything new that isn't already being done on a daily basis.
If you don't want people to camp, don't make strategic positioning around objectives and remove weapons that reward people from hiding and taking potshots aka snipers.
But that is the mappers fault not our fault (unless someone wants to remake dotf). Also goes back to the thing where one person gets shot gets healed then run backs prolonging a 5 min round. That's why I think the medkit idea is better so it's limited use and only gunners can use it and plays an animation that prevents you from moving and attack for 2 or 1 seconds

But that is the mappers fault not our fault (unless someone wants to remake dotf). Also goes back to the thing where one person gets shot gets healed then run backs prolonging a 5 min round. That's why I think the medkit idea is better so it's limited use and only gunners can use it and plays an animation that prevents you from moving and attack for 2 or 1 seconds

That idea has been thrown around already and rejected because its going to make people run away from the fight to hide in a crack of a wall and heal. You need to give people an incentive to be aggressive while having healing as an option.

Which is why I created astromech class idea, because he physically moves and sticks to the group. He provides ammo and armor and keeps people fighting. Nobody is running away to camp anything or hiding to heal when you have a player that is controlling this mobile dispenser that is basically your god. Seeing as he provides the means to provide for yourself.

It would create frontlines in maps and encourage more rushing because there is no reson for you to be scared anymore. The hacking skill would speed up rounds because they can interact with map objectives faster. The downside of this class is that is that its weak, and has barely any form of defending itself. The only people who would play this class is me, and people consider teamwork more so than kills.

That idea has been thrown around already and rejected because its going to make people run away from the fight to hide in a crack of a wall and heal. You need to give people an incentive to be aggressive while having healing as an option.

Which is why I created astromech class idea, because he physically moves and sticks to the group. He provides ammo and armor and keeps people fighting. Nobody is running away to camp anything or hiding to heal when you have a player that is controlling this mobile dispenser that is basically your god. Seeing as he provides the means to provide for yourself.

It would create frontlines in maps and encourage more rushing because there is no reson for you to be scared anymore. The hacking skill would speed up rounds because they can interact with map objectives faster. The downside of this class is that is that its weak, and has barely any form of defending itself. The only people who would play this class is me, and people consider teamwork more so than kills.
Sounds good but if they do think about it I want them to add it to a beta version of the newest update to try it out

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
On the topic of the "I Need A Medic!" voice line, though: since Medics at this point have basically been rejected as an idea, what if the voice slot for "I Need A Medic!" was replaced with a "Sorry!!" voice line. People already use I Need A Medic as kind of a half-assed apology for TKs sometimes, and having a real apology line could help a little bit with toxicity around ragepunishes and stuff. Although the argument can certainly be made that it's better to apologize in text than through a voice line.

Sounds good but if they do think about it I want them to add it to a beta version of the newest update to try it out
It won't be added to the game or beta tested. My idea has already been shot down.
The discussion of healing in open mode is practically pointless because their foot is down.

We could talk about this for weeks, and get no nowhere on the subject.
Clones getting re-worked has a higher chance of being done than healing becoming a feature in open mode.

When healing is actually easy to add and balance, and may just take a week worth of work tops.
Vs the clone-rework which could take months.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
This is a slow paced game. Why have a medic make it even slower? Erry round 5 min round.

Tempest

Gameplay Design
Movie Battles II Team
I believe Commanders/Elite Troopers should have Access to some form of healing, for the class is grossly under utilized. It is just a bulky soldier. Plus it would give the "I need a Medic" Voice command a point other than to be a joke. What is your opinion on the matter? How will it effect gameplay?
Medics were part of base siege so it's more of a legacy voice command than a joke, regardless of its use.

On the topic of the "I Need A Medic!" voice line, though: since Medics at this point have basically been rejected as an idea, what if the voice slot for "I Need A Medic!" was replaced with a "Sorry!!" voice line. People already use I Need A Medic as kind of a half-assed apology for TKs sometimes, and having a real apology line could help a little bit with toxicity around ragepunishes and stuff. Although the argument can certainly be made that it's better to apologize in text than through a voice line.
Found this quite humorous tbh.

It won't be added to the game or beta tested. My idea has already been shot down.
The discussion of healing in open mode is practically pointless because their foot is down.

We could talk about this for weeks, and get no nowhere on the subject.
Clones getting re-worked has a higher chance of being done than healing becoming a feature in open mode.

When healing is actually easy to add and balance, and may just take a week worth of work tops.
Vs the clone-rework which could take months.
I actually discussed a few ideas amidst the other devs a few weeks back and the main issue with healing is (at least from what I gathered/understood) as a replenishable/renew(ing/able)/spammable resource. @LoU basically shot down everything that was mentioned during those conversations aside from my idea regarding a mechanic for Jedi/Sith where they would basically meditate and be able to donate health in some manner to allies around them (wouldn't apply to other Jedi/Sith though of course). Allows for support while having obvious trade-offs (given it wasn't a super thought out idea or anything). Could even be made to be entirely based on my Attunement concepts or something to not have a bunch of potential healers running around.

This is a slow paced game. Why have a medic make it even slower? Erry round 5 min round.
Don't quote me on this since there haven't been any official discussions (public or otherwise) but there were some brief mentions in passing of having time limits adjusted based on maps/objectives and whatnot.

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Found this quite humorous tbh.
Huh, not sure what you particularly meant by that. Definitely a "sorry" voice line has a lot of comedic/ironic potential, but it's also not a new or unfamiliar idea in video games that have team damage. The old Tribes games had VVS "Sorry!," with appropriately macho but appropriately remorseful voices. It wouldn't stop a TKer from TKing you and saying "sorry" sarcastically, but as an option I think it would help defuse some rage situations.