1.     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Launcher I always have to install the Launcher to play

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ostra, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Ostra

Ostra

Every time I reset my PC, I have to re-install the Launcher in order to play the game.
    And if I try to go to GameData folder an open the .exe, it not even opens. Crashes automatically.
    How can I fix that?

2. RC-Delta

RC-Delta Internal Beta Team

• Infraction: Trolling
    Buy the starter pack

3. Ostra

Ostra

what are you talking about?

4. Penekowski

Penekowski Armchair Developer Moderator Movie Battles II Team

Sorry for that, he's just messing around with you. I hope that someone can drop by to help you out!

5. Puppytine

Puppytine Slayed dreamer

What do you mean by "have to re-install"?
    Does file MBIILauncher.exe disappear from "Jedi Academy\GameData" folder, or did you mean something else?
    Please do not speak using phrasing like "does not work", "have to-reinstall", etc. Speak in terms of filenames, exact text of error messages, detailed description of actions you performed.
    What file you're trying to launch? MBIILauncher.exe? mbii.x86.exe? jamp.exe?
    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Anyway, even if you start Movie battles not using the Launcher, in some other way, you still have to keep Launcher running in background all the time, because of anti-cheating system.

6. Ostra

Ostra

Having to install again. lol

If I launch the launcher, it crashes. If I go to GameData and launch MBIILauncher.exe it not even opens. Crashes automatically. Then I have to re-install, wait for the installation, so I can play.

MBIILauncher.exe

7. Puppytine

Puppytine Slayed dreamer

Describe how exactly it does crash.
    Any error messages? Quote them fully and entirely.

Do you have anti-virus? If you do, add MBIILauncher.exe to white list, or disable anti-virus completely.