How to replace sounds?

There's two kinds of sounds for SBD. Their sound effects are in MBassets.pk3, in a directory sound/SBD

The second sounds are the voice files. These are located in the MBmodels2.pk3, in a directory sound/chars/sbd/misc

You will need a program called PakScape to browse through .pk3s. You'll also need it to compile your own pack of sounds.

The sound file you'll replace with must be:
- mono
- .mp3 format
- 44800Hz (I believe, I may remember wrong, it's been some time since I modded sounds)

If the Hz for the file is not right, Jedi academy is kind enough to inform the proper value via a console error message whenever the sound should be played.

Once your sound file has been encoded in the proper format, rename it according to the sound files names.

For example, if you want to replace a taunt for the SBD, name your file 'taunt1' without the commas, of course.
Now use packscape to create a directory. Use the same folder path as in the original .pk3: sound/chars/sbd/misc, and place the file there.
Save the .pk3 as a .pk3. You can do this by simply adding the .pk3 after the filename while saving.
Place the .pk3 in gamedata/MBII. If it doesn't work, name it zzzzzz_whateverthenameofyourpk3is. Add more zzzs if it still won't work.

For the SBD sound effects that are not voices, do the same but with the directory for the files in MBassets.pk3.

Hope this helps.

Also, Audacity is a handy free program for editing and encoding sound files. You will need an extra plugin for it to export .mp3 files, though.