•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue How to play 4K?

I can't play properly since I upgraded to 4k. When I set the game to run at 4k, the screen zooms while most of it remains out of sight.

I know about one possible fix, to reduce DPI scaling to 100 %. Problem is, I can't read any of the writing in desktop. I could reduce the scaling every time I play MBII, but it would become bothersome.

Is there a proper way to play 4k at 150 % DPI scaling?

r_mode -1;
r_fullscreen "0";
seta r_customheight "900";
seta r_customwidth "1600";
put whatever res. you want should work

Doesn't work :(

Attachments

• MB2.png
    MB2.png
    384.7 KB · Views: 414

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Doesn't work :(
Yes, and actually, it isn't supposed to work.
Though you may try setting up a resolution that bigger (not smaller) than a 4K resolution.

But the most reliable solution is turning scaling off before starting up MBII, and switching it back on when you're done playing.
Since you don't want to do it manually, you need to find some way to automate it. Maybe PowerShell will be useful for that.
Also, try changing DPI settings for jamp.exe, jasp.exe and mbii.x86.exe specifically, as it's described in Windows technical FAQ/troubleshooting guide ,"Issue: Mouse is acting weird, movement of cursor on the screen doesn't match mouse movement. Image is cropped, you cannot see right and bottom sides." entry.