1.     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] How to Install MBII on MAC manually (STEAM)

Discussion in 'Support' started by GistBattles2, Jul 30, 2018.

1. GistBattles2

GistBattles2

Hey guys I'll be showing you how to Install Movie Battles 2 Manually on MAC. This is how I got it to work for me so if there are any problems comment down below.

1. Download the Full version of Movie Battles II here (If you are viewing this at an later time get the latest version of MBII go to Service Terms & Downloads and you will see it) MovieBattlesII_FULL_V1.5.0.zip

2. Then download the 1.5.0 to 1.5.1 upgrade here, MovieBattlesII_UPGRADE_V1.5.0_V1.5.1.zip

3. Once all of the files are downloaded go in the MovieBattlesII_FULL_V1.5.0.zip folder you will see the MBII folder, grab ONLY the MBII folder and place it in /Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy

4. Once done grab the MOVIE BATTLES 1.5.0 to 1.5.1 upgrade and place it in /Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy you are going to want to merge the MovieBattlesII_UPGRADE_V1.5.0_V1.5.1.zip Into "MBII".

5. Once you finished those steps, since on MAC you cannot launch Movie Battles with the Launcher you are gonna want to download JKJALaunch from here Jedi Academy MP launcher for OS X - JKHub Open up JKJALaunch you are going to see "Locate Jedi Academy:" Your going to click "Choose" from there to find Jedi Academy your gonna want to go to /Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support/Steam It will bring you to a page with a list of folders click "steamapps" than click "common" It will bring you a list of your games on steam click "Jedi Academy" and Jedi Academy will be right there. Click it for JKJALaunch. Give it a few seconds for JKJALaunch to view it.

6. Once you did that the "Ok" button should be blue but we are not done yet you are going to see "Command Line Options" you are going to type in "+set fs_game MBII" (Without parentheses) This will allow JKJALaunch to launch Movie Battles right when you launch it.

7. The final step is when you are ready you will click "Ok" Open up JKJALaunch again, it will say "Singleplayer" or "Multiplayer" you will click multiplayer hold down shift the first time and It will launch you straight in Movie Battles on MAC! Have fun! and do not forget to unpack the Movie Battles.zip file, comment down below any comments and I will get back to you! Enjoy the fun!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  2. GistBattles2

GistBattles2

Note: I see it is very common when people are having white menus and texture glitches, most of the times this is because people only put the Movie Battles II upgrade in /Users/YOUR_NAME/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy In, it is mandatory that you must have it with "MBII" or there will be bugs, animation glitches, since the upgrade only has patches not the full assets for gameplay. Also please be sure to use whatever the current version is at your time if your viewing this a bit later, if you do not upgrade your MBII version there will be no servers shown in the server list when you join.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018