How To Add Lightsaber Hilts? (Question)

So recently I've been trying to work on a Lightsaber pack, I've managed to get my test saber into the game, however it's just the red, blue, and green lines showing the X, Y, and Z axis. Would anyone like to explain how to properly do it?

So recently I've been trying to work on a Lightsaber pack, I've managed to get my test saber into the game, however it's just the red, blue, and green lines showing the X, Y, and Z axis. Would anyone like to explain how to properly do it?

Turns out I just made a stupid syntax error. I'll make a thread about how to add saber hilts later.

Penekowski

Armchair Developer
Movie Battles II Team
Study the Penekepack files. As you may see, inside the pk3 you'll find a folder called models, inside models you'll find weapons2, this contains all of our hilts.

Let's say that you want to add this lightsaber and make it replace darth vader's hilt: Black Saber (Baal saber) - JKHub

Step 1: Create a brand new pk3 and create the following folders: (Keep in mind, when I put / from now on, it means that you'll have to create another one within that folder.

ext_data/sabers
Models/weapons2
shaders

Step 2: Look in your MBII folder for a file called MBHilts.pk3 open it and look for ext_data/sabers/saber_hilts_Open_single.sab

Step 3: Copy that saber_hilts_Open_single.sab to your brand new pk3, inside ext_data/sabers
Step 4: Go ahead and open up the pk3 from the hilt that you downloaded. You'll see that it has 3 folders: shaders/ext_data/models
Open up the shaders one first and copy the shader file inside it to your new pk3 (inside your shaders folder)
do the same for the models/weapons2 and copy the folder that is inside it, which, in this case, it's called blacksab. Move it over to your weapons2 folder from your own pk3.
Step 5: Open up (with notepad) your brand new sab file located on ext_data/sabers
Step 6: Locate the hilt that you're looking to replace. In this case, just as an example, we'll look for vader's

Here's how it will look like:

Vader
{
name "^1Darth Vader ^7[Ep. IV-VI]"
saberType SABER_SINGLE
saberModel "models/weapons2/saber_VaderEp5/saber_w.glm"
soundOn "sound/weapons/saber/saberon.wav"
soundLoop "sound/weapons/saber/saberhum4.wav"
soundOff "sound/weapons/saber/saberoff.wav"
saberLength 40
saberColor red
}

Here's what you need to change in order to make your hilt replacement work, keep in mind that everything that i add in green leters is just to give a small description of what it means and whatnot, you don't have to add it.

Vader <-Base name of the hilt, do not change this at all
{
name "^1Darth Vader ^7[Ep. IV-VI]" <- Name of the hilt ingame, you need to change this with the name of the hilt that you're adding.
saberType SABER_SINGLE <- Don't touch this.
saberModel "models/weapons2/saber_VaderEp5/saber_w.glm" <- this is important, edit the line to match the path of your actual hilt with its glm
soundOn "sound/weapons/saber/saberon.wav" <-Secondary if you want to give custom sounds, study the peneke hilts for moreinfo
soundLoop "sound/weapons/saber/saberhum4.wav" <- saber hum loop, self explanatory
soundOff "sound/weapons/saber/saberoff.wav" <- sound that the saber will play when turned off
saberLength 40 <- doesn't matter if you change it or not, the base value will always be used.
saberColor red <- Still don't know what's this for, never managed to make it work
}

Step 7: Here's how that text portion should look like if you did it right.

Vader
{
name "^2Baal Saber ^7[Ep.Revenge of the Penekes] "
saberType SABER_SINGLE
saberModel "models/weapons2/blacksab/saber_w.glm"
saberLength 40
saberColor red
}

Once you're done, save your sab file and update your pk3 with it. then install it on your MBII folder and test it ingame, if you followed step by step, then it should work. Keep in mind that the same process applies for the rest of the hilts on the .sab files.

This was a quick tutorial and it may have some formatting errors, I'll edit, organize it and make it an official tutorial once I have some time.

Hope it helps!

Study the Penekepack files. As you may see, inside the pk3 you'll find a folder called models, inside models you'll find weapons2, this contains all of our hilts.

Let's say that you want to add this lightsaber and make it replace darth vader's hilt: Black Saber (Baal saber) - JKHub

Step 1: Create a brand new pk3 and create the following folders: (Keep in mind, when I put / from now on, it means that you'll have to create another one within that folder.

Step 2: Look in your MBII folder for a file called MBHilts.pk3 open it and look for ext_data/sabers/saber_hilts_Open_single.sab

Step 3: Copy that saber_hilts_Open_single.sab to your brand new pk3, inside ext_data/sabers
Step 4: Go ahead and open up the pk3 from the hilt that you downloaded. You'll see that it has 3 folders: shaders/ext_data/models
Open up the shaders one first and copy the shader file inside it to your new pk3 (inside your shaders folder)
do the same for the models/weapons2 and copy the folder that is inside it, which, in this case, it's called blacksab. Move it over to your weapons2 folder from your own pk3.
Step 5: Open up (with notepad) your brand new sab file located on ext_data/sabers
Step 6: Locate the hilt that you're looking to replace. In this case, just as an example, we'll look for vader's

Vader
{
saberType SABER_SINGLE
saberLength 40
saberColor red
}

Here's what you need to change in order to make your hilt replacement work, keep in mind that everything that i add in green leters is just to give a small description of what it means and whatnot, you don't have to add it.

{
name "^1Darth Vader ^7[Ep. IV-VI]" <- Name of the hilt ingame, you need to change this with the name of the hilt that you're adding.
saberModel "models/weapons2/saber_VaderEp5/saber_w.glm" <- this is important, edit the line to match the path of your actual hilt with its glm
soundOn "sound/weapons/saber/saberon.wav" <-Secondary if you want to give custom sounds, study the peneke hilts for moreinfo
soundLoop "sound/weapons/saber/saberhum4.wav" <- saber hum loop, self explanatory
soundOff "sound/weapons/saber/saberoff.wav" <- sound that the saber will play when turned off
saberLength 40 <- doesn't matter if you change it or not, the base value will always be used.
saberColor red <- Still don't know what's this for, never managed to make it work
}

Vader
{
saberType SABER_SINGLE
saberLength 40
saberColor red
}

Once you're done, save your sab file and update your pk3 with it. then install it on your MBII folder and test it ingame, if you followed step by step, then it should work. Keep in mind that the same process applies for the rest of the hilts on the .sab files.

This was a quick tutorial and it may have some formatting errors, I'll edit, organize it and make it an official tutorial once I have some time.

Hope it helps!
Thanks! Ironically, that was the saber I was trying to add.

Vader
{
saberType SABER_SINGLE
saberLength 40
saberColor red
}

{
}

Vader
{
saberType SABER_SINGLE
saberLength 40
saberColor red
}

Hope it helps!

Did this change in the update? My MBHilts.pk3 hast no "ext_data" folder.

Did this change in the update? My MBHilts.pk3 hast no "ext_data" folder.
1580921475884.png