•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue How does dodge actually work (details) now...?

Lee

Ya I've looked at the library, that thing isn't updated at all anymore and is very cryptic. Years ago....lvl 1 dodge was for standing only, lvl 2 for walking, lvl 3 for running. It worked against any kind of weapon so long as you didn't get shot in the head. Dodge for Jedi (sense 3) only worked against sniper based weapons but otherwise worked like dodge 3 but constant. Is that still how it works...? Cause I'm regularly shoooting people in the head and they are just dodging it. Does shooting them in the body activate the dodge animation and at which point their head becomes immune until the animation is done...? Does the dodge animation actually move the head's hitbox? Like these are the kinda details I want information on. Does elevation factor into whether dodge is triggered or not (i.e. hitting them in teh head from above or below). And what part of these answers is subject to the buggy hitboxes? And what is the head hitbox specifically? the chin upwards...? or somewhere along the neck (doubt it as I've sniped necks and they dont do hs dmg)?

Change: Dodge:
  • Some missing entries for hitbox locations that may be causing inconsistencies for triggering Dodge have been fixed.
  • Now drains more slowly (250ms between ticks instead of 90ms).
  • No longer dodges headshots from Projectile Rifle or Disruptor Rifle.
  • Instead of just dodging all shots during the activation window, your Dodge point pool now steadily drains after activating and when being shot at. Shots at closer ranges drain more Dodge points than being shot from far away (capped at 480 units of distance).
  • Requires 20 Dodge points to be activated.
  • Electrifying effects (ions, lightning, etc.) disable Dodge.

Lee

Any level of dodge makes you invulnerable to gunfire when you activate it. Higher lvl - longer duration/able to dodge more shots.
Ya see....this is what things like the library say. And ingame this is how it always plays out. But I have my past knowledge of dodge and people like qwerty quoting things from I have no idea what patch saying something very different....with details confirming that what u said, but that it was unintentionally correct at a time. So I really need updated current specifics here. I really think this warrants an actual updated infoblog, not pieces of supposed 'common' knowledge that may or may not be in the library combined with patchnotes from....either last patch or two patches or 6 patches beforehand. I don't think my request is unreasonable, but I don't want shade here so if you don't think its reasonable just leave me be in ignorance plz. Thankyou for your consideration.