•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Help hosting server

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have followed all the instructions I can find for running a movie battles server but I am stuck at this, can anyone help
upload_2015-11-8_12-58-54.png

Those are ok.
autoexec.cfg is optional, you need it if you want to run some commands.
I don't know what is hitch warning, but I get it too when I make a server and it still works.

dedicated set to 2 means you advertise your server only on lan I think. 1 is where you use the public master servers.

I changed it to dedicated 1 and there is no difference, maybe its something to do with my server config if someone wants to look at it?

You should set the master servers to something like this:

seta sv_master1 "master.moviebattles.org"
seta sv_master2 "master2.moviebattles.org"
seta sv_master3 "master.jkhub.org"

You also need to let the server through the firewall and forward port if you have a router.
And it needs a couple of minutes sometimes to get on the list.

Um so just check and the port I opened is actually 10300, I set it to that and this is what it said (Still not showing up on the server lists)
upload_2015-11-8_15-14-27.png

I have no idea what I am doing, I really don't know, If you go back a bit on the support section someone posted about making a lan server and I took the server files from that and edited then so it might be that.

Sorry I was wrong about dedicated, it should be 2. You can also remove it from command line I think because 2 is the default.
And post your cfg.

Status
Not open for further replies.