Hello! New Member here. Could definitely use some tips!

D

DarthBatman89

Hey guys super excited to be here! Been a long time away from JA. I used to play on xbox 1 and 360 back in the day and it was one of my favorite all time games. I just got MB2 set up on my new PC i built and I have to say its quite different than I expected. I have lots of questions if anyone is okay with me annoying them about it.

I bought an Xbox One controller to play with steam. I started out using one of the recommended gaming configurations from the community but I was wondering if anyone knew a configuration that completely mimics the xbox controller? I remember for xbox you could cycle through force powers on the dpad and use them by clicking in on the left thumb stick. But I haven't been able to pull that off in MBII. Crouching also seems difficult. It also seems as though the left thumb stick is rather useless in the menu options.

I also remember on the xbox live servers you could configure your character rather easily and freely choose what saber style you wanted, (double, single, dual blades). I'm assuming some servers limit these options based on the games they are creating? I read something about points to earn styles in different chats but that wasn't all that clear to me. I suppose that I'll need to use the keyboard in some capacity to play but I was hoping perhaps there was a way to totally copy the xbox style of play.

Are there some easy identifiers by the server name that will tell me if its an open roam, vs a timed match?

Anyways I'm excited to join the game and appreciate any advice you guys could give. Thanks!

Open roam? Timed match? Are you sure you're talking about mb2?

This mod has open mode, which is sort of like Counter Strike with different customizable classes, duel mode, which is purely for 1v1s only for jedi/sith, and full authentic/legends modes which are a bit niche and only get played every once in a while.

Using a controller is possible, but.... Well, let's just say it's not the best choice. But, if you wanna stick to it, best of luck.

And regarding choosing saber styles and class customization - I don't wanna type an entire article here, so go and read this thread - My First Day in MBII