•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

Technical Issue hello i have problems with the latest patch they have released

the game was working fine before the latest patch was released

when I am about to enter a server, it enters the loading screen and before loading the map it stays loading for a while and then the game exits without throwing an error or anything, it just exits the game

I have the same problem, and I reinstalled and it is still doing the same thing. It was working prior to this update. No error log, even though they are enabled. Tried restarting my computer.

Fang

Donator
yeah i cant either

"cg_drawspectator" - unable to find spectator menudef

potential fix

"Do /cg_hudfiles ui/mb_hud.txt in the console, or go to Settings -> UI -> HUD Layout, and select Alpha, then hit apply. Basically this means at some point in the past, something set your cg_hudfiles cvar to something else. (The cvar was forced back to ui/mb_hud.txt even if it was something else previously)."

credits on butters apparently, followed by preston telling me

Last edited:
yeah i cant either

potential fix

"Do /cg_hudfiles ui/mb_hud.txt in the console, or go to Settings -> UI -> HUD Layout, and select Alpha, then hit apply. Basically this means at some point in the past, something set your cg_hudfiles cvar to something else. (The cvar was forced back to ui/mb_hud.txt even if it was something else previously)."

This worked for me! Thank you so much!

yeah i cant either

potential fix

Tried all that but it has not resolved, I already installed the game like 3 times and nothing

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla (2).png
    Captura de pantalla (2).png
    352.3 KB · Views: 137
  • Captura de pantalla (3).png
    Captura de pantalla (3).png
    738.1 KB · Views: 136

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Sorry that was the wrong command. It's been awhile since this was a thing so I'm not even sure your issue is at all related to the crashing that was fixed. Still to make sure, please do that again but for cg_hudfiles

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Alright then the issue is something else.

I want you to try two things:
  • Setting textures and models to low in video settings. Make sure to apply and let it restart before testing.
  • Connecting to an empty server that is on open or duel mode.
You can try either one at a time or both together. The main thing is seeing if you manage to load the map. Also, please ensure you do not click anything in the game window while it is loading.

If you still don't, please note exactly when the game closes (at the initial connection screen or while the map is loading). Lastly, please take a screenshot of your video driver info as detected by the game (settings > video > graphic options 3 > show driver info).

Alright then the issue is something else.

I want you to try two things:
  • Setting textures and models to low in video settings. Make sure to apply and let it restart before testing.
  • Connecting to an empty server that is on open or duel mode.
You can try either one at a time or both together. The main thing is seeing if you manage to load the map. Also, please ensure you do not click anything in the game window while it is loading.

If you still don't, please note exactly when the game closes (at the initial connection screen or while the map is loading). Lastly, please take a screenshot of your video driver info as detected by the game (settings > video > graphic options 3 > show driver info).

It does not work either ;(

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla (13).png
    Captura de pantalla (13).png
    1,013.6 KB · Views: 117

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
At this point I'm not sure what the issue is. My only suggestion would be to try the alternate engine.

Launcher settings > disable steam integration (if it is enabled) > change engine to MBII client.

9CVMCZo.png