Handy Binds Thread - NEWEST, Lag script explained + extras!

k4far

Banned
Donator
INTRODUCTION...​
Having a keyboard of insignificant size and no additional buttons on Your mouse. It is pretty bothersome... what if You would like to have everything in an easily accesible place. So, when the time comes You are not wasting time looking for it. It must be annoying being killed just because of the time lost by looking for that one power / ability You wanted to use at just right moment. Hence...

Binding multiple separately used weapons, powers and abilities on to a single button:
Code:
/bind <key> "+force_lightning; +force_grip; force_distract; force_speed; weapon 10"

Used separately yet, commonly (Lightning, Grip, Mind Trick, Speed, Granade) under one single button. The end of panicking and wasting time.

Get all of the weapons under first 4 numeric buttons. Rocket Launcher and Sniper Rifles to 4 and all other guns like Bowcaster, E11, Clone Rifle to 3, Pistol like to 2, Lightsaber and Fists under 1.

Code:
/bind 1 "weapon 1"
/bind 2 "weapon 2"
/bind 3 "weapon 3; weapon 5; weapon 6"
/bind 4 "weapon 4; weapon 9"

Special moves:
Saber, force & melee"]FORCE:
Speed Lunge
Code:
/bind <key> "+forward;  force_speed; +moveup"
│ Player will dash forward at high speed.

Requires Jump 3 and Speed 2, having Speed 3 allows You to swing Your sword. Cost of this move is currently 35 Force Points it is being plotted the Developers might change the energy used for it from Force Points (blue points) to Block Points (red points). No idea if it will still drain the Force Points for activating Force Speed.

MELEE:
Forward Air Kick
Code:
/bind <key> "+use; +forward; +altattack"
│ Perform a jump forward pushing or even knocking down Your target. Useful for moving people... blocking corridors.

Requires melee level 2 as a Soldier class. Other classes capable of doing swifty moves do not have to worry about it. SBD and Droideka are excluded. During cooldown it will server as kicking button. As a Jedi/Sith You can not have the saber in hand for it to work.

SWORD:
Saber Extended Forward Air Kick
Code:
/bind <key> "+use; +forward; +button14"
│ Perform a jump without switching to melee push or even knock-down Your target. Useful for clearing pathways.

The main difference between: Forward Air Kick and Saber Extended (...) is the need to have the sword extended - not just in hand! During a cooldown it will work as button for walking forward. I highly do not recommend binding it as a whole.

When it comes to, settings.
Most of the variables can take only two values: "0" and "1". In such cases you may use the word "toggle" between them to change the current state to the other.

Let us explain the purpose of certain words:

• ping (if you are familiar with disabled for 'malicious reasons'.
  • wait is used to wait given ammount of miliseconds
  • seta is used to give values to variables permanently. You can as well use /<command> and game will remember it anyway.
  • set is used to give values to variables for the short time (untill you shut the game down).
  • semicolon ; - used to separate commands.

Idea is fairly simple. You bind two values for cl_maxfps and switch between them quickly. If they are people constantly abusing it while you are trying to snipe them to mess your accuracy compiling it out entire cvar would solve the problem...

│ Quick solution: It can be patched by setting the lowest value not to exceed 30.
Code:
/bind <key> toggle cg_teamchatsonly
│ For turning all messages visible on left side except for team.
Code:
/bind <key> toggle cg_disableChatSound
│ Turn off chat sounds.
Code:
/cg_chatbox <value>
│ If You have a sudden urge for hiding the chat entirely set it to 0, if you want to extend the time you can see the messages go beyond 12000 (default) it's in milliseconds.
Code:
/bind <key> toggle cg_disablechatsound
| Disable sound that plays everytime new message is sent.
Code:
/bind <key> toggle  cg_drawRadar
│ Hide the map visible in right top corner. You can still use the one under "M" button.
Code:
/bind <key> toggle cg_showmiss
│ Everytime you miss to hit an enemy you are going to get 'prediction error' notification.
Code:
r_we clear
| Get rid of annoying rain on Kamino for example. Improve your FPS or other reasons...
Code:
/bind <key> toggle cl_freelook
│ For locking the crosshair at the height of average head. On tight space it might allow to score a lot of headshots without breaking a sweat. It is not easy to use, unless with a Pistol or...
Code:
/bind <key> centerview
│ It will move Your crosshair to default position.
Code:
/bind <key> +mlook
│ If You want to move Your crosshair for a moment.
Code:
/bind <key> "saberattackcycle; +altattack; +attack; -altattack; saberattackcycle"
│ It will let You use the alt fire from EE-3... with no time loss from scoping.
Code:
/bind <key> "force_throw; force_pull; +moveup"
│ Until jumping after pushing / pulling goes without thinking (you can remove one of powers and replace basic F1 or F2 binds. Visible above is for both powers not played together.

Cheers to @LoU, @Helix, @Nightshades
I will be adding more and frequently.

Last edited:
Upvote 1

Jorge

Venom Big Boss Coder
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Stop being so salty. Scripting is fair play or else it wouldn't work/be allowed.

Oh and lmao at "skill in timing" it's a video game ffs. Why waste hours timimg something a computee can time for you ;)

Lessen

pew pew
Movie Battles II Team
Asking again just cuz I'm still curious:

Is it possible to create a bind that would turn off the crosshair while +attack is held? (and turn it back on when you release)

chicknman

Banned
Stop being so salty. Scripting is fair play or else it wouldn't work/be allowed.

Oh and lmao at "skill in timing" it's a video game ffs. Why waste hours timimg something a computee can time for you ;)
Exactly !

That's why I use my trusty aimbo.... Logitech mouse for peak performance!

- - - Updated - - -

Can you make me a speed and grip in one button bind please

Edit: nevermind I figured it out with your directions, thanks a bunch! I'll be experimenting with different things too and post back when I make something really OP

Last edited:

k4far

Banned
Donator
@lessen, it would be blinking instead of staying hidden. Most of orders building a script will re-trigger if You keep holding the button.

@someone, saying scripts are unfair is rather thoughless.
You can die miserably even with some perfect blocking script hoping it will save You. A script for perfect blocking could be a script that would move the crosshair fast enough in 4 most used directions of attack. So, in theory, You would be looking in all of 4 directions as You would press the block. You can still badly time it and get slashed in the ass or shot when You can not move because the script is executing itself (and the user xD).

I remember well,
the pokescript - impressive on the advertisement video - worthless in real game. It was only making You vulnerable from the sides during the sequence. It is a script for brainlessly moving the mouse. Lugormod is all about shaking, wiggling and timing your attack and it was wiggling and shaking. With this script You exceel in shaking and wiggling, but You are moving pretty bad because the movement commands are being used by the script too. In the end, someone doing everything manually will prevail.

Last edited:

k4far

Banned
Donator
I think,
You are pressing it for too long and so, You end up shooting a normal bullet shortly after. Matter of "skill" haha.

Add ;speed at the beginning and at the end it will make the whole thing longer making it possible for you to press the trigger as You do without starting another shot. The disadventage of adding ;speed would be not being able to know Yourself when You are walking/running. Originally, I had it in it, but is it worth being so easily pushed/pulled. Try to think of a command affecting the movement but not making You a target and place it at the beginning and at the end of this script it will do the trick for You.

Without ;wait we are forced to use other commands as breaks between the commands we actually want to use. Let us take crouching it takes let us say 0.5s so we can in some cases use it as ;wait 500. I have no idea how long is the shifting between running and walking maybe 0.1s - still better than nothing.

Last edited:
w7mbS.png

your scripts aren't "unfair" because i guarantee you i will shit on anyone i see using your scripts with the fury of a thousand suns

i will shit on them with such righteous anger even darth vader will be like "damn son, calm down"

the issue is that you're denying players a chance to learn anything for themselves by completely trivializing any advanced skill they could of learned for themselves by making a script for it

this is retarded to do in a game where garnering player skill in any one class can take weeks or even months to actually "git gud", and even more so in a game where almost all of these advanced skills are rarely the kind of thing you should be using 24/7 at all times, and absurd in a game where misusing any of these skills will get you killed. it's also dumb because you're removing the vindication of finally "gitting gud" one day and realizing people suddenly look at you with some amount of animosity just because of how good you are at screwing the enemy team over. macros aren't going to give you that. you're not going to think you're amazing because you're aware you use macros to do everything. chances are, everyone else will too, when they see you turn a stiff one hundred and eighty degrees and roll off cat in dotf, an idiotic, simple error that could of been avoided by actually playing the game. why would i want scripts when i can git gud and literally say in complete seriousness that it was all me

when you make it easy to use, you remove the thought involved in first learning it, and then learning to use it in a practical situation, and in removing the trial and error involved up until that point you remove so many potential cases for the lesser player to learn "Okay, where does this not work? What counters this?" because all they ever did was press a single key to run a script. they never learned what they should be thinking leading up to doing this skill, they never learned the actual motions of using it, they just went and took a macro off the forums because fuck being good at anything in the year of our savior 2017. i know someone's going to try and mock me for saying something like "you should know what to think doing it" but even with something as simple as rollcutting, throwing an altnade at the floor, if i know the motions and thoughts to that, then i know the motions to bullshit that i'm doing it, leading jedi to fuck up, try to push me, and then die because they got completely played with. your scripts aren't going to teach players the expectations they should have executing any of this (because macros are thoughtless) and they aren't going to teach them what their enemies will expect (because macros are thoughtless) so you're basically just removing a layer of skill they could of actually learned for themselves because fuck being good at anything in the year of our savior 2017 just spoonfeed me that shit fam

but see, here's the thing, i'm mad and i hate this and i'm not even done on why this whole script bonanza is a terrible, terrible idea, especially in the context of star wars where we've already witnessed one particular group get fucked over when their army of robotic script soldiers got shut down and left with no real organic trained soldiers to fend off their enemies with. you've been making these scripts while blatantly aware that the devs already disabled ;wait as a command, so you're already aware that at any point in time, they could shut this entire script nonsense down and leave you and everyone else with a bunch of commands that no longer do anything, and none of the actual skill required to do any of the things they were pulling off mere days prior, because they already once shit on scripts doing this. how is this still a good idea to you. why are you here in a game so much about player skill trying to remove it from the equation when you can just go play some shitty pay2win game and get the actual result you're trying to go for because you certainly won't be able to script someone to be better than a skilled player here

in short, THAT'S NO GOOD

chicknman

Banned
I mean if you really were that good, you wouldn't be threatened by a couple of simple scripts that aren't even remotely game-breaking.

The issue isn't about me or anyone else being "threatened" by some clunkyass scripts that hardly work right half the time, because, again, they don't teach you anything. The issue is that this game already has a ridiculously steep learning curve with a base of new players that half the time, don't read the library, the wiki, or even the day 1 faq and end up getting destroyed by things they don't understand, like hokey religions.

The issue is that in a situation like this it's best if these new players actually learn something rather than installing a jumpkick bind in favor of actually learning how to quickly switch to melee to use jumpkick (not even pointing out the issue that the first time you think to jumpkick is rarely the best time to do it and the moment you hit that macro it will not stop)

Properly teaching new players should take precedence over just "lol u haev script now u equal!!!!"

have you taken even one look at the saber system (that newbies go to because everyone wants to be a super cool jedi master!!!!)

this game still has outdated loading screen tips referring to things like close combat 2 for soldier (doesn't exist anymore) or walking to counter pull (doesn't work)

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
Using scripts is just oh so boring. Would you play Tekken with scripts so you can do some insane combos with 1 press of a button? Hell no.

I don't mind most scripts, but the most annoying script is the quick scope, it really gives some unfair advantage and I ban those who use it. But in many cases, scripts can be bad. For example I would NEVER use a super push script. If you miss your pull during your script then you will automatically waste another 20 points for push.

Only noobs use these things but it cannot be helped because some scripts are impossible to detect.

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Took a look at the "Locking the view on a certain height" script and decided to share one of those I've written in the past:

Code:
bind mouse5 vstr lock

set lock "centerview; cl_freelook 0; bind mouse5 vstr unlock"
set unlock "cl_freelook 1; bind mouse5 vstr lock"

Toggling it with a single click.

P.S. @Gargos although I agree with quickscope script users being punished, you must not forget that most script writers start with "oh shit, I can actually do this... Now when it's done, I can actually make it even cooler... Hell yeah, it works."

Just like the rainbow script :cool:
I can't say for others but for me, the most satisfying part of scripting is seeing that the script is following the exact logic I coded, and this feeling is awesome.

Last edited:

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
P.S. @Gargos although I agree with quickscope script users being punished, you must not forget that most script writers start with "oh shit, I can actually do this... Now when it's done, I can actually make it even cooler... Hell yeah, it works."
Wow, is there actually ANYONE out there that would take pride out of making a quick scope script? Anyone who knows how microsoft excel works can make that script, it is so damn easy. Besides hardly any of those script users have made that script themselves, they have just received it from somebody else who originally made it.

There is a lot more fun in learning the right combinations and being able to use them in different situations anyways.

k4far

Banned
Donator
ANYONE can make a script (...) received from somebody else who originally made it

You are claiming it is so easy. A talented Person such as Yourself should easily come up with something that will be useful to everybody. We are waiting, go on.

Simple console commands do not require creditment - I am giving credits anyway regardless of that whenever I can. Authors of everything are to be found. If there is no note of the Author / some external link, then I am the Author. Certain scripts were shared thanks to the People actively taking a part in this thread (like Helix) or authors from JKHhub (like Lou). We always credit. I am adding links in the footer of my thread and with the update posts so anyone can take a look.

Thank You for Your attention,
eat some mud.