Green Screen Room?

J

J W

Is there a map in MB2 that has a wall with a bright flat color like green or blue? I was looking to make a video and this would help alot.

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
I once asked kasabian make me one like 8 years ago. I am not sure if I still have it though, I’ll have to check once I get to my computer some time. Hell not even sure if it still works with the current version of mb2.

it replaces duel dotf and isnt a big room. Problem with it is that the walls arent 100 percent one shade of green due to the use of light and makes it a bit more trickier to use. I bet some mapper could make a better version if anyone would be up for it.

KaiErieh

Movie Battles II Team
I once asked kasabian make me one like 8 years ago. I am not sure if I still have it though, I’ll have to check once I get to my computer some time. Hell not even sure if it still works with the current version of mb2.

it replaces duel dotf and isnt a big room. Problem with it is that the walls arent 100 percent one shade of green due to the use of light and makes it a bit more trickier to use. I bet some mapper could make a better version if anyone would be up for it.

you can do /devmap <mapname> to enable cheats and locked vars and then
/r_fullbright 1 to eliminate problem with lights.

alternative would be compiling map in fullbright. Now I know its possible but I am not entirely sure if just compiling withou -light will do the trick, I believe not having lighting stage does that but someone needs to confirm

I think, however, fullbright will make models look weird compared to what you are used to seeing in mb2

Last edited:
J

J W

Thanks for the advice. I love the MB moments series.

J

J W

Is there any way to have more freedom with camera movement? Basically I want to have spectator mode while keeping my character spawned.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
Can't do that, but I like using camera damp for doing something like that quickly. I bound it to two keys:
Code:
bind "KP_DEL" "cg_thirdPersonCameraDamp 1"
bind "KP_INS" "cg_thirdPersonCameradamp 0"

Setting it to 1 is the usual default. 0 essentially locks the camera in place so it will only track the player, but you can turn the character and move it freely.

J

J W

Can't do that, but I like using camera damp for doing something like that quickly. I bound it to two keys:
Code:
bind "KP_DEL" "cg_thirdPersonCameraDamp 1"
bind "KP_INS" "cg_thirdPersonCameradamp 0"

Setting it to 1 is the usual default. 0 essentially locks the camera in place so it will only track the player, but you can turn the character and move it freely.
Thanks! That works, the controls are a bit janky but thats basically what I wanted.