GoodOl'Ben & Lyrion's suggestions toward Clone Blob.

What about keeping blobs as they function right now in 1.4.9, but reducing the speed of the projectile by half (+/-) so that it work exclusively as a CQC tool, as in, if the blobs travels slower, it gives far more opportunity for people to dodge, or push the projectile from afar, which naturally promote clones player to conserve it for CQC situations, since it will be harder to dodge, or push because there will be less time to react the closer they are.

Another idea would be to rework the projectile to work in a similar physical way electric blob work, mortar style, or like grenade launchers, making it again harder to land if you’re far and promoting player to conserve it for closer encounters.

I’ve always said it, I think forced mechanics are not the future of MB2, just some small tweaks like the above that point people in the right direction to use their tools in the most effective way, without forcing peoples to anything, as in, If you want to waste your blobs at long distance and take a chance, so be it, you’re free to! But It will be far less effective, or rewarding as if you go along the directions you’re highly promoted to follow for maximum results with said tool, nothing forced, all player choices and logics.

Side Note: Slow blobs could even be deliberately used as pure pressure tools to make sith push, and get sniped, or shot with blasters in the window animation, which again, all come to the Sith player logic to decide, on a given time, situation, if it’s more intelligent, appropriate to dodge, or choose the easy way and push the projectile, nothing is forced.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As GoodOl'Ben told me in the beta thread toward this line:

What about keeping blobs as they fonction right now in 1.4.9, but reducing the speed of the projectile by half (+/-) so that it work about exclusively as a CQC tool.

This has been one of my suggestions and something I wrote down in a dev diary as good step to increase importance of prediction and make evasion easier at longer distances. It was changed on this drop for some reason.
(Open Beta Drop 4)

I also think it's the best answers to solve the conflict, that, or make it function physically like the electric blob, mortar style! I'm not saying temps change are bad tho, I like the idea and I do understand it, but I also do think it's not the optimal path to follow to please everyone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe to add on top of the cake, we could merge temps changes with these ones we just spoke about above?

What if blobs would also only knockdown if aimed above the belly, or nipples? And if blob hit bellow these area, it would only cause stagger instead? It could also knockdown peoples regardless of where you aim, as long the opponent is in jumping animation, or in Jetpack?

(Side note: With mortar physic I think these changes are not mandatory though, as it would already require good aim and prediction.)

This would add another layer of skill, deept, into which not only blob function as a real CQC tool, but you also have to aim it right on the body for maximum efficiency? Not sure if its doable tho.

So what do you guys think?

Would Ben's and Lyrion's suggestions toward blob be a beter pathway in comparison to the one Devs are currenctly heading for?

I'm looking forward for community opinions on this matter

Last edited:

Starushka

Movie Battles II Team Retired
I think blobs are mostly fine. There is no need in drastic changes. A few numbers can be tweaked a bit.

Remember, blobs are consumables. They need to stay strong enough.

I think blobs are mostly fine. There is no need in drastic changes. A few numbers can be tweaked a bit.

Remember, blobs are consumables. They need to stay strong enough.

But thats exactly what I'm talking about! :confused:

Just by decreasing the speed enough, you create a huge series of subtle, indirects and unforced change in the player's mind, their behavior into approaching the situation with the blob tool, It's a simple change in number values, simply decreasing the speed, which yet completely change their way to use it for maximum effiency.

It would adress the long range issues of blob, promoting the Close Quarter Combat use of it instead.

Now concerning making it work like the electric blob physic, or grenade launcher, that is an huge change, i'll give it to you... But I do think it would be pretty fun regardless, or interesting to try out.

Last edited: