Goodbye for Now

Hello everyone,
I have been playing this mod for a few months now, under a few different in-game names. I have had a great time playing overall, but the day to day nonsense of *some* of this community has driven me out for now. I have met some really great, respectful, and helpful players. But then again, I have also met some of the biggest you-know-what's I've ever seen. It seems like nine out of ten times I log on and play, I meet some a**hole, get tk'ed, or get hunted down by KaelWindu and the whole GAR. Eventually I end up incredibly mad, and qq like a n00b.

I'll admit usually it is entirely my fault for letting people get to me and getting so mad. I'm not a good player by any standard. In fact, I am probably a pretty terrible player. So, I naturally want to get better at the game, so I can be more competitive and have more fun, right? WRONG! The average veteran of MBII has been around for a number of years, and can recite, from memory, every weapons damage, accuracy, best uses, and so on. He is also (consciously or not) an a**hole to anyone he can easily dispatch. Trying to learn from him without being insulted is like trying to hand-feed a T-rex without losing your arm. Now, it's important to note that not every one is like this, but the nice ones are usually not as verbal as these guys, so they tend to fly under the radar.

The saber combat in this game is a huge selling point. Never has a game captured the feeling of fighting as a Jedi or Sith quite like MBII. Such realism and complexity comes at a high price though. Most noobs suffer due to the steep learning curve of the melee system. I am one such noob. I have tried before to learn and maybe it's just my stupid fingers, but I can't for the life of me, get decent with lightsabers. That's not anyone's fault but mine though. There is however, a problem in the community. There is always a huge lack of help and an over abundance of taunting, name-calling, and unnecessary abuse from the community (in-game more than on the forums). So much in fact, that I am taking a break from this mod. I will undoubtedly be back, as the good times in the game are really special and memorable, but in the end the bad times are so frequent that it's like kicking a dead horse to get the last bits of entertainment out.

Lastly, as happy as I was to hear about the increase of players due to The Force Awakens coming out, I really can't see many of them staying for long. Unless there is a change of mind in the community as a whole, towards helping new players (and no, a video tutorial is simply not enough) I fear this mod will not get the bright future it deserves. I sincerely hope this changes someones mind, and even if it doesn't, it certainly helped me to write it out. I hope to see some change when I come back in a while. Have fun, and git gud everyone.

Sincerely,

A frakin' noob

P.S. I really was banned from AoD in my first month of playing this mod for cussing.:p

/ragequit_for_now

Helix

Movie Battles II Team Retired
Actually, there are many nice people on EU side (I'd even say, the most of the community is nice). The US side always seemed somewhat spoiled for me. Give chance to some EU servers with the best ping for you :)

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
If you want to improve your saber skills, come to the EU Servers (MBII EU Duel). I host training sessions maybe once every 2/3 weeks and we all use teamspeak, people have made videos (SeV, Jew, etc) and people in general are much more eager to help.

The NA dueling community has always been a bit..weird to me. Too much emphasis on roleplay/loyalty to mah klan!11 than actual dueling/helping.

isn't it always like this? iirc i also played mb2 for some time, then took a long break, and after some time installed it again just to check compatibility with new pc and didn't stop since

i bet he'll come back eventually

53802628.jpg

You can be banned for swearing? I thought that was a joke.
Oh that is fucking stupid.
What kind of goddamn clown circus was being run there?

If you want to improve your saber skills, come to the EU Servers (MBII EU Duel). I host training sessions maybe once every 2/3 weeks and we all use teamspeak, people have made videos (SeV, Jew, etc) and people in general are much more eager to help.

The NA dueling community has always been a bit..weird to me. Too much emphasis on roleplay/loyalty to mah klan!11 than actual dueling/helping.

NA players are complete cunts, the NA player base sucks entirely.
Racial bullshit, stacked team number and skill, horrible admins, lack of admins.
You basically need to have your demo recorder on at all times if you are trying to stop people from being dicks. I change my name on a bi-weekly basis so I don't have to deal with people chasing and harassing me. Much like the kind of shit those GAR cunts do, never even gave them the chance I just knew.

The only decent players ive met are EU players, and that russian guy called "Friend" who spoke broken English and had 200 ping and said cringe bullshit with emoticons. Met him on the official FA server.
I miss him.

Last edited:

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
There is always a huge lack of help and an over abundance of taunting, name-calling, and unnecessary abuse from the community (in-game more than on the forums).
P.S. I really was banned from AoD in my first month of playing this mod for cussing.
Am I the only one who see some contradictions here?...

I played few hours today on {BG} Server [DOTF], and can't say there was some abusing or insulting. Most time I play people behavior is good enough for me. Basically I'm on open servers like BG, AoD or just some random, they all are fine.

Last edited:

Gargos

Donator
Movie Battles II Team
puppy, he plays NA side and apparently it is not too friendly place. Guess things have changed since the last time I played NA side actively was around rc1, back then it was pretty ok.

I played few hours today on {BG} Server [DOTF], and can't say there was some abusing or insulting. Most time I play people behavior is good enough for me. Basically it's open servers like BG, AoD or just some random.

The NA side is full of immaturity, I'm just waiting for a server that expects some level of maturity on the NA side. I do love to play EU servers when I'm getting great ping (100ish is good for that distance). The immaturity on the NA side may be the culture difference, I don't know, I must be the odd one out at times I feel, because I'm normally a kind, and more or less keep my anger to myself kind of person. I don't get it, I guess it is the American welfare system of "entitlement"?. Regardless, I love that most Euro servers are a lot nicer, and kinder, but if I mention I was just on a Euro server on a NA server, they scream ****ing Euro, like I'm scum.

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team

I played few hours today on {BG} Server [DOTF], and can't say there was some abusing or insulting. Most time I play people behavior is good enough for me. Basically it's open servers like BG, AoD or just some random.

That's because BG server generally doesn't do much in terms of administrative responsibilites, i.e. kicking/force teaming.

That's because BG server generally doesn't do much in terms of administrative responsibilites, i.e. kicking/force teaming.
When I am on I do that. However I warn the player in question first. And it's not only about tking, but also things like kicking ally into enemy fire, etc.
On the other hand I don't really care for name-calling and the language in chat. You have the ignore command for that as different people have different level of tolerance. Still, I want something like /smod mute <player name/id> <time> command for the really annoying cases so the player's messages are filtered on the server level. But unless it's someone who's in specate mode only and is chat spamming, then I see no reason to kick the player out of the server.

Ignore him Dra-Gon. Hes just on a war against our server.

If you see a Padawan insulting everybody on our server, it's most likely him.

agentoo8

Internal Beta Team
Just reflecting on my experiences (as well as the experiences of others). Feel free to visit the server and see for yourself. My only interest is in having servers lamerfree, lol. Get off your high horse m8!

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
puppy, he plays NA side and apparently it is not too friendly place. Guess things have changed since the last time I played NA side actively was around rc1, back then it was pretty ok.
The NA side is full of immaturity, I'm just waiting for a server that expects some level of maturity on the NA side. I do love to play EU servers when I'm getting great ping (100ish is good for that distance). The immaturity on the NA side may be the culture difference, I don't know, I must be the odd one out at times I feel, because I'm normally a kind, and more or less keep my anger to myself kind of person. I don't get it, I guess it is the American welfare system of "entitlement"?. Regardless, I love that most Euro servers are a lot nicer, and kinder, but if I mention I was just on a Euro server on a NA server, they scream ****ing Euro, like I'm scum.
Yeah maybe, but aren't AoD an American servers too, are they? Because I didn't see a lot of bullying on those servers as well. Things happen, but nothing too bad.
I believe I just don't play often enough, so abusing passes me by. Or it's a problem for FA/Duel servers.

And just for the record, "contradictions" I was talking about are the fact that TS claims community to be evil/acid, but mentions he was banned for dissing people at the same time.
I don't understand, I said I basically don't experience problems with swearing/cussing on BG. So there is no reason to blame its admins for idleness.

Last edited:
People tend to remember and focus on instances that stand out.
It's an illusion that magnifies the delusion that there is an epidemic.

If you're repulsed by the community or quit in rage then clearly you're taking it too seriously. Emotionally unstable nutter:)
Piece of advice: Stop getting involved in unnecessary conversations or deliberately trying to test the admins.

Some servers have rules. They enforce them. Shocking? Uh, no.
I know some people are bemused that there are rules that they need to follow on servers other people pay for. Because it's Online. The internet. Spare us the tears and whining when you get kicked/banned/trolled/flamed.

Most thankless job in mb is being an admin where then and only then might you have a legit gripe to gripe about. Nonsense posts like the op are air:)