•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] game crashes without error message on start up.

hey folks agrajag here, just got a new pc and fully updated/set up the pc today. im trying to launch up my fave game to see how it looks at 300 hz but am struggling to get the game to launch. all settings have not been touched other than enabling steam integration.

MaceMadunusus

Level Designer
Donator
Movie Battles II Team
This is currently a bug with the steam version of jedi academy, it happens even when launching basejka. You can simply keep trying until it works (sometimes on the 2nd try, sometimes on the 10th), or switch to using MBII Client/ OpenJK. You can go to launcher settings to change engine, but may need to disable steam integration to swap engine.

Spaghetti

Floating in the void
R2D2
Movie Battles II Team Retired
That is a well known issue with Steam's JAMP on Windows 10, unrelated to MB2. If you keep trying it will work eventually (seemingly at random). There is no known workaround while still using Steam's JAMP (you can change engine to MBII/openjk to though).

EDIT: Ninja'd

i dowloaded that do i need to do anything with the program to run it or is downloading it good enough? thank you again for helping create such a amazing game.

never mind i rebooted again after downloading that and it is now launching, ur the man