g_balance cvar

Change: g_allowunbalance and g_autoteambalance cvar's have been rolled into a single g_balancecvar.
  • If -1, autobalance is off.
  • If 0, teams must be absolutely equal or spectating will occur.
  • If 1, teams are allowed to be uneven by 1 player
  • If 2, teams are allowed to have up to 2 player difference
  • Etc.

So with 1.6 this change was made to combine these two settings into one, is there any way to split these back out again or possibly improve its functionality? I've tried giving this one a shot, but I unfortunately just have to disable it. I like the fact that it stops players from joining the team with the majority, but my issue is that it automatically sends players to spectator without any obvious warnings. I (and many other players it seems) only notice the warning after they're booted to spectator, which isn't very helpful.

If there was a way to make the warnings more obvious with more warning, I could see this feature being more useful, otherwise I think it'd be nice to have these split out again.

Thanks!

Puppytine

Slayed dreamer
Spaghetti said:
"Not a bug. This is how auto balance is working since 1.6 apparently, forcing players to spectator. Not a great change IMO as it is very disruptive to players (only get a red message in the console feed and the 10 sec countdown to pick a new class), so I wouldn't expect any servers to use it now..."