•     Please make sure you check the Support FAQ and relevant Guides before you create a new thread in this section!

[SOLVED] Fresh install problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam
JA v1.0.1
MBII v1.3.1

After downloading v1.3.1 from Moddb.com and installing it, joining a server shows me still missing several files:

ELCBVVa.png

And the animations are all broken and wonky. Also, the MB II loading screen shows "1.3.0", even though the "version.info" file inside \GameData\MBII shows 1.3.1.

Since the launcher's info is apparently wrong (Select "Set Launch Options" and enter "set +fs_game MBIIBeta" without quotes - doesn't work), I've been loading MB II by running multiplayer via Steam and then selecting "MBII" from the Mods menu option. Not sure if that's relevant.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
ymT9v31.png

Right click on the game in your Steam library, and select Properties. In properties, under the Launch tab, you'll see "Select Launch Options". Put +set fs_game "MBII" there, and it will launch straight to MB2.

That fixed it. Thank you.

Pity that loading the mod from within the game doesn't load all the necessary assets. I guess those missing files are just server-side shenanigans.

Supa

The Serial Stacker
Movie Battles II Team Retired
They probably didn't consider that total conversion mods would be that complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.